TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rina

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    Hm maybe they just really didn’t like me then! I definitely passed all of their thresholds to apply for the direct TC, so maybe they’ve just filled all of their spots?
    I very much doubt that - I only applied yesterday and still got mine. I remember reading old posts by some people saying they didn’t get theirs so maybe check your spam and follow up with them to see if they can send it to you!

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    I very much doubt that - I only applied yesterday and still got mine. I remember reading old posts by some people saying they didn’t get theirs so maybe check your spam and follow up with them to see if they can send it to you!
    Oh ok, I assumed you meant that you had applied a while back! I’ve checked my spam etc, so I’ll follow up with them and hopefully there has just been an error. Thank you!

Reactions: Rina

DTB

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 21, 2019
    Hi all! I was wondering how to answer the 'Tell me more about your work experience at X? what is a good structure to follow? Should we mention a challenge we faced?

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi all! I was wondering how to answer the 'Tell me more about your work experience at X? what is a good structure to follow? Should we mention a challenge we faced?
    Hi @DTB! Is this an application question? If so, what's the word count?

If it's an interview question you're practising for, I'd recommend a structure where you briefly state where your work ex was, how long it was for and the position you held ➡️ describe your role and responsibilities ➡️ elaborate on any major projects you undertook, efficiencies you brought in or achievements you had during your time.

I don't think you need to mention challenges but would definitely have an answer ready for challenges you faced, why you left etc. in case you're asked follow-up questions!

traineesolicitor123

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 16, 2022
    I applied on the same day and got an email Friday asking for an explanation of the grading system for one of my overseas unis, so it seems like they've started looking at applications from around that date!
    Has anyone who applied to Slaughter and May in the 1st/2nd week of November got either an interview invite or a rejection yet?

I'd applied a few days before 10th, so I'm just wondering if no response from them means it's probably a rejection.

DTB

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 21, 2019
    Hi @DTB! Is this an application question? If so, what's the word count?

If it's an interview question you're practising for, I'd recommend a structure where you briefly state where your work ex was, how long it was for and the position you held ➡️ describe your role and responsibilities ➡️ elaborate on any major projects you undertook, efficiencies you brought in or achievements you had during your time.

I don't think you need to mention challenges but would definitely have an answer ready for challenges you faced, why you left etc. in case you're asked follow-up questions!
    Thank you so much! It is for interview!

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD

cls33

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 3, 2022
    In Clifford Chance's TC application it asks "In no more than 250 words, what are your motivations for applying to Clifford Chance?" Could anyone give some guidance? Should I focus on just why exactly Clifford Chance or also include my motivations for going into commercial law in general? Struggling a bit to wrap my head around how to answer it and would really appreciate any advice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.