TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shi

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Not sure about the direct TC but for a VS application it was 'on hold' for a while until I got my AC invite- don't think it indicates anything, just have to wait it out!
Hi, Can I ask which scheme you applied for and when did you hear back re AC invite? I applied foe Spring VS on 8th Dec but haven't heard anything

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Approximately how long should one's answers be in a telephone interview? I don't want to ramble on pointlessly

It should be as concise as you can make it with as much detail as possible (if that makes sense). You are right in that you don't want to ramble, but you may not be asked any follow up questions, so it is important you present all the information you want to get across. 2-3 minutes is probably a good start. Hope that helps!

LawIsInTheAir

Dec 27, 2022
    It should be as concise as you can make it with as much detail as possible (if that makes sense). You are right in that you don't want to ramble, but you may not be asked any follow up questions, so it is important you present all the information you want to get across. 2-3 minutes is probably a good start. Hope that helps!
    Thanks a lot! :)

lawyering

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 29, 2020
    Eversheds PFO - this one hurt as I applied for direct TC last cycle and got the below message which wasn’t sent to everyone

“We have now filled our 2024 Training Contract places following our summer vacation scheme and our internal process for the location that you have applied for and therefore unfortunately won't be progressing your application. However, we were impressed with the quality of your application and would encourage you to apply again next year.”

wagman1233

Oct 3, 2022
    Eversheds PFO - this one hurt as I applied for direct TC last cycle and got the below message which wasn’t sent to everyone

“We have now filled our 2024 Training Contract places following our summer vacation scheme and our internal process for the location that you have applied for and therefore unfortunately won't be progressing your application. However, we were impressed with the quality of your application and would encourage you to apply again next year.”
    Did you apply directly for a TC this year?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.