TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Thank you! As a rule of thumb when you say competency would you automatically include commercial awareness questions in your prep as well?
Hm, I definitely prepared for commercial awareness, however, I don't think I was asked any questions on the topic. Of course, there is no harm in preparing commercial awareness anyway - especially if it can then be naturally shoehorned into the 'any questions' at the end of the interview :)

Reactions: Sarah T

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    I applied to Freshfields on Nov 17th for the 2025 TC, but haven't even got confirmation from the firm yet re my application (have from the website). Is anyone else in a similar position? Or has anyone else heard back?

gw9

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 28, 2022
    I applied to Freshfields on Nov 17th for the 2025 TC, but haven't even got confirmation from the firm yet re my application (have from the website). Is anyone else in a similar position? Or has anyone else heard back?
    Applications only closed on the 5th (I think) and they’re non-rolling, so I wouldn’t panic yet. I didn’t get email confirmation either so think that’s normal!

Reactions: average_jo123

laubedusixjuin

Esteemed Member
    Oct 14, 2022
    Hi, I got an email on the 5th (applied on the 4th) thanking me for applying and saying they would be in touch after reviewing my application. This didn't come until i filled out the questionnaire they had after applying
    Applications only closed on the 5th (I think) and they’re non-rolling, so I wouldn’t panic yet. I didn’t get email confirmation either so think that’s normal!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: gw9

gw9

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 28, 2022
    Hi, I got an email on the 5th (applied on the 4th) thanking me for applying and saying they would be in touch after reviewing my application. This didn't come until i filled out the questionnaire they had after applying
    Oh, just checked and I had something like this too the day after applying - whoops!

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 25, 2020
    Hi all,

I did a Capp test for fieldfisher Sunday at around 5pm. I was told the report would come in 24-48 hours. I know it’s not been 48 hours but usually these reports don’t take too long & I'm worried they didn’t receive my test answers? I did get a confirmation after my test on screen that my answers have been sent to the firm

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Hi all,

I did a Capp test for fieldfisher Sunday at around 5pm. I was told the report would come in 24-48 hours. I know it’s not been 48 hours but usually these reports don’t take too long & I'm worried they didn’t receive my test answers? I did get a confirmation after my test on screen that my answers have been sent to the firm
    Sometimes I find that the reports do get a bit delayed you did get the confirmation on the screen. Also wondering are you able to log into the application portal it might show the test is submitted dependant on the platform. Also, how did you find the test btw?

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.