TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Sometimes I find that the reports do get a bit delayed you did get the confirmation on the screen. Also wondering are you able to log into the application portal it might show the test is submitted dependant on the platform. Also, how did you find the test btw?
Fieldfisher doesn’t seem to have an online portal ( unless I’m missing something)

It was 75% situational questions 25% WG questions. The ST questions were mixed, some quite hard because there were a few decent ‘best options’ whereas others were more obvious

mkap

Star Member
Dec 8, 2022
I need to explain in one of my application question how I have developed my skills through non academic experiences and why those skills are important to become a successful lawyer. I was wondering do I need to give specific examples. For example, do I need to mention example of situations where I have handled pressure well at work.

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hi @Jessica Booker

an application is asking me whether I ‘know anyone employed’ by the firm

I have interacted with a few ( maybe 5 or 6) of the lawyers at the firm through my current role. I’ve assisted these lawyers with a few things - via video call/email. Does that count as ‘knowing’ them? If I say I know anyone employed there I am asked to list their names

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hi @Jessica Booker

an application is asking me whether I ‘know anyone employed’ by the firm

I have interacted with a few ( maybe 5 or 6) of the lawyers at the firm through my current role. I’ve assisted these lawyers with a few things - via video call/email. Does that count as ‘knowing’ them? If I say I know anyone employed there I am asked to list their names
Hi does anyone have insights on this? Deadline for the app is in a few hours so need to decide quite soon!

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Hi does anyone have insights on this? Deadline for the app is in a few hours so need to decide quite soon!
    FWIW, I would have thought that 'knowing' would mean something with a deeper connection than what you have mentioned.

But I did find this, which may help:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hogan Lovells TC offer! Thank you to everyone on this forum who helped me along the way! ♥️
    Amazing news - congratulations!

Well Done Singing GIF by The Voice

dazednconfused22

Jan 12, 2023
    Hi everyone,
    I am planning on applying to Brown Rudnick but slightly confused about their application process.
    The site says that candidates would have to be completing or have completed the necessary post-grad studies by September 2023, with the only option for education being a graduate degree and LPC status being required.
    Does this mean I would have to have completed the LPC to apply? I am currently pursuing an LLM in the US and planned on taking the SQE route as the LPC is becoming increasingly irrelevant. LLM is also not an option under Graduate studies.
    Apologies if the answer seems fairly obvious, but I am very confused about this and could not find information anywhere regarding this!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.