Please indicate the status of your Irwin Mitchell application post-VI.

• Total voters

jprfsx

Standard Member
Feb 25, 2022
I received a VS offer too!
Does anyone know roughly what percentage of VS people are offered a TC? I can see they say there are 60 work placements and 45 training contracts each year but they also interview some people directly for TCs rather than work placements so I am wondering what my chances are...

millierxse

Standard Member
Feb 28, 2022
Hi everyone! I've made a Whatsapp chat for the IM Birmingham summer placement. If anyone wants to join, please direct message me and I'll send you the link:) I thought it'd be nice for us all to connect before our placement!

Reactions: abbiev1

EVjuji

Valued Member
Nov 29, 2019
They have new questions. Comoleted the VI this and last year.
Just do some in depth research about the firm and prepare like you would for an in person intervie and u will be fine

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

babylawyerjo

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 17, 2022
They have new questions. Comoleted the VI this and last year.
Just do some in depth research about the firm and prepare like you would for an in person intervie and u will be fine
I did the interview today! I was so nervous but honestly think I did okay made sure to not get cut off mid sentence

Also does anyone know if we will hear back after the deadlines for the applications or before the deadline? I know the AC is only after the deadline.

Last edited:

hungry_for_TC

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2021
a lil confused - the application portal for IM isn't really asking me to answer any questions? literally just personal info then straight to the competency Qs? did I miss something?

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Goodluck!

Can you please let me know what kind of questions they ask? I'm so scared because I get extremely nervous on video interviews 😭
Motivations and strengths questions :) No commercial awareness.

I can completely understand this and find VIs scary too. But just make sure to practice on your webcam and I'm sure you'll do better than you expect. Good luck!

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and Lawyersoontobe

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.