TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Does anyone know how many trainees Goodwin takes from their direct route?
From what I know they take 2 trainees so if you could apply to the vacation schemes, you would have more chances. However, it might be that this year they will take more people so apply considering your circumstances I would say.

Reactions: Tintin06

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Okay, that makes a lot of sense thank you. I think I did this with a case I discussed in my Mishcon application - Highlighting the firm's immigration division and its success in the ARAP case of 2022. And Linking that to my work as an Immigration Historian/Volunteer helping immigrants in my town adjust to life in the UK. Would examples like these be key for our applications?
Exactly, I would say that this is a great example!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
What does a "CV blind" process mean? Which information do they not look at, is it your school/work experience?
They do not look at anything! They only focus on the interview or Assessment Centre where they are able to assess you totally. When considering whether to extend you an offer, then they look at your CV and information to confirm their ideas. That is my understanding of it!

zizszhplum

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2022
Really annoyed with myself! I spent so long on an application and realised I made a typo in the work experience section. I wrote 'better' instead of letter. Is there anything I can do to rectify this or should I just leave it and forget about it?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Really annoyed with myself! I spent so long on an application and realised I made a typo in the work experience section. I wrote 'better' instead of letter. Is there anything I can do to rectify this or should I just leave it and forget about it?
It is one mistake - one that could even be easily missed with skim reading.

Just leave it and try to forget about it.

Reactions: zizszhplum

HLL

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2021
Been seeing people say you can't complete the WG twice for linklaters. I did the wg for the open day app, but it seems I am still able to do the wg test for spring vs. Anybody experiencing the same? Honestly dont want to do the test twice

lawyergal101

Nov 9, 2021
Hi, I was wondering if anyone was having any trouble accessing their NRF application. I have an AC on Wednesday and would like to read through what I wrote but when I go to view the application on my portal, it only shows me the first page.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica!For the work experience part, do we need to use bullet point or write as paragraph?
In a CV, bullet points. In an application form, full sentences/paragraphs unless there is the functionality to format bullet points into the application form (eg a button that allows you to format the text box, a bit like this forum).

islasorna

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 29, 2023
I need to complete my DLA VI by Thursday but really can’t shake my nerves. I’m worried it’s going to reflect when I talk and I have no idea how to deal with it — any tips, please?

I feel like no matter how much I prepare, there’ll be a random question pop up of which I don’t know the answer, and it’ll completely throw me! I’m trying to be confident, but would really appreciate any help.
Hey, how did your VI go? I have a couple days left to do it but I keep putting it off because my nerves are getting the best of me!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.