TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

NMA

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2020
Has anyone completed HSF's online assessment? Would be grateful for any tips!
The practice test is quite helpful as those are literally the types of questions you'll see in the test.

When going through the questions, I just always took the view of 'how I can help people out/gain more experience, if I have to stay later to complete all my tasks, so be it'. Always try find the answer that shows you are a team player and are committed to your job.

There's also bits where you rank 5 statements as to how much you match them, i don't really think there's a wrong answer but obviously don't say you match values that go against the skills you need to be a lawyer.

The last part is just questions you'd see on a Watson Glaser.

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
At what point would you consider applying to a rolling deadline wasted effort?

If I apply the day of or the day before the deadline, is it so unlikely to be considered that it’s better to focus the effort on other firms given the time/effort needed to be put into one application?

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.