TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

law2022x

Legendary Member
Feb 21, 2022
Absolutely great initiative. Really levels the playing field for those who can't invest in prep or practice tests.
Ah, I am so jealous and wish I had applied now. I resent how firms only care about social mobility to the extent of just getting people to apply but completely ignore what they might need during the application process. I feel it really is just about optics for some of them. They have no appreciation for the difficulty of entering this field if you are working class. From expecting AAA at A-Level (despite how rare it is to get this if you go to a state comp) to expecting a certain polish at interviews. I only realised recently that some people actually pay for interview prep after seeing it offered by TCLA. Good for them but wish the law firms accounted for this disparity in a more real way.

Last edited:

Arf1309

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2022
Are we expected to provide firms with a whole module breakdown of our university grades or is providing your final grade and percentage enough? I'm applying to Gateley and they haven't specified....

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.