TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

EllaClayton

Valued Member
Jan 23, 2023
Have all of the AG pfo/ test invites been for london? I applied for Manchester and im getting more and more worried
I wouldn’t worry much yet, I also applied London and haven’t heard good or bad news yet today. There’s a lot of people they have to contact and each office will have different timescales!

Happy Friday everyone!!
If anyone needs a sign of motivation here it is…

1. This is my first cycle applying
  2. Yes I have applied to way too Many firms
  3. Yes I have a rejections sheet which is just as impressive 😭
  4. I probably won’t get any offers due to the sheer amount I have applied to but I’ve found joy in applying.
  5. how did I find the time? I had a week or so off of work as I was sick and used that time to apply x Christmas break.
I had a mind block after my Fieldfisher PFO post TI and wanted to give up all together. But I’d say rejection pushed me to apply to more places. There are some firms I’ve put more effort into than others, and others I applied to just to improve my understanding of tests.
View attachment 5556
Love this! The salary thing is so real, back when I was applying to firms (literally just 5 months ago lol) I always said "If it's not a six figure pay, it's not worth the time of day!"

flower

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 31, 2023
    I'm confused, my Linklaters application has been updated (88% progress) with a tick on the candidate review thingy. It's saying I can book an interview but there are no available slots, is anyone experiencing the same thing? I'm not sure if this means I've made it through AC or there's just a lag in the system and my app is still being reviewed

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.