Interview/Open Day/Vacation Scheme Updates- Coronavirus

c1070

Esteemed Member
Mar 4, 2020
Wow! Are they going direct TC?

Yeah so I got an email essentially saying 'Hi we're really sorry we've cancelled our Vac scheme, but we were going to offer you a place so in view of this we're going to invite you to an interview for the direct TC some time in summer when hopefully this has calmed down'

(this is my second cycle and I've done countless applications with no luck so to have had the half offer was a strange one haha. Obviously given everything thats going on at the moment I really can't complain)

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Mar 17, 2020
Hi all, I just received an email with regards to the summer vacation scheme at BDB Pitmans:

"Due to the disruption caused by Covid-19 we are not in a position to finalise our plans for the vacation scheme at this time, once we have agreed next steps we will contact you to confirm".

Hope this helps :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: Zayn and Jaysen

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Mar 17, 2020
Update on Trowers & Hamlins in case anyone is interested:

This evening they sent over some information about how the firm are adapting their assessment:

• An interview with a senior associate or partner, to be conducted remotely
• A written exercise, to be completed remotely
• A verbal and numerical reasoning test

Details about booking an interview slot are due to be sent next week.
Apparently after this stage they will make summer vacation scheme offers.

• 🏆
Reactions: Zayn and Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Update on Trowers & Hamlins in case anyone is interested:

This evening they sent over some information about how the firm are adapting their assessment:

• An interview with a senior associate or partner, to be conducted remotely
    • A written exercise, to be completed remotely
    • A verbal and numerical reasoning test

Details about booking an interview slot are due to be sent next week.
    Apparently after this stage they will make summer vacation scheme offers.

Very useful, thanks for sharing!

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Mar 17, 2020
    Hi all,

I have received an update with regards to Trowers & Hamlins now that they are doing their assessment centre remotely.

Interviews and written assessments for the Vacation scheme are taking place between Monday 6 April to Friday 17 April.

Hope this helps!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Zayn

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi all,

I have received an update with regards to Trowers & Hamlins now that they are doing their assessment centre remotely.

Interviews and written assessments for the Vacation scheme are taking place between Monday 6 April to Friday 17 April.

Hope this helps!

Amazing, thanks for the update!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.