Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey All,

You may have received a private message last night from a user called ‘braveheart33’ with an Amazon link. Please do not click on the link, it’s a spam account.

Apologies if you did receive it - normally these messages go into moderation first, so I’ll work out why this one didn’t.

Thanks,

Jaysen

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hey All,

You may have received a private message last night from a user called ‘braveheart33’ with an Amazon link. Please do not click on the link, it’s a spam account.

Apologies if you did receive it - normally these messages go into moderation first, so I’ll work out why this one didn’t.

Thanks,

Jaysen
    Also received and did not open.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi everyone,

The legal technology company I work for, Avvoka, are hosting free automation webinars which are aimed at teaching people the practical skill of document automation in a hands-on way using our platform. We are hosting webinars for both the UK/EU and Singapore/Australia timezones so they are hopefully accessible to everyone wherever you are in the world!

Here is the events page link through which you can register and sign up (do make sure you register for the right timezone event!) https://academy.avvoka.com/events/

I really hope that this might help you all to gain a better understanding of legaltech in gaining practical experience with it, as opposed to just hearing about it in an abstract way. :)

• 🤝
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: gricole, Eva, Camilla and 7 others

NickMcK

Star Member
    Nov 16, 2019
    Hi everyone,

The legal technology company I work for, Avvoka, are hosting free automation webinars which are aimed at teaching people the practical skill of document automation in a hands-on way using our platform. We are hosting webinars for both the UK/EU and Singapore/Australia timezones so they are hopefully accessible to everyone wherever you are in the world!

Here is the events page link through which you can register and sign up (do make sure you register for the right timezone event!) https://academy.avvoka.com/events/

I really hope that this might help you all to gain a better understanding of legaltech in gaining practical experience with it, as opposed to just hearing about it in an abstract way. :)

Thanks Alice - Avvoka and the webinars look really interesting, I've signed up to the student session next Tuesday!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Alice G and Daniel Boden

AH9891

Valued Member
    Jan 11, 2020
    Do you guys think that there’s a point in doing applications at the moment, or is it a bit of a waste of time? I’m looking at firms such as Wiggin and Harbottle for Media and Entertainment Law, but considering everything in the industry being on hold at the moment and the firms only taking up to 3 trainees in a normal year, I’m just wondering if there’s a point in putting all the hours in right now. Does anyone have any input?

Reactions: wwood

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hey All,

Thanks,

Jaysen
    I did receive it but went into my spam folder. Thanks for informing us

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Jul 29, 2019
    Do you guys think that there’s a point in doing applications at the moment, or is it a bit of a waste of time? I’m looking at firms such as Wiggin and Harbottle for Media and Entertainment Law, but considering everything in the industry being on hold at the moment and the firms only taking up to 3 trainees in a normal year, I’m just wondering if there’s a point in putting all the hours in right now. Does anyone have any input?

I would say definitely apply!

As has been mentioned here, firms recruit trainees two years in advance - by which the demand for legal services in entertainment will be different to now (or so you would hope!).

I think the predominant issue is for those applying for jobs which begin immediately in the summer/September (which are mainly non-law related).

STWO

Distinguished Member
    Jan 5, 2019
    Announcements made that law firms are now putting their employees on furlough leave. My friend at Shoosmiths just told me they are asking for volunteers! I wonder if they will pay for the 20% shortfalls...

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Do you want to try and secure a job in your preferred area or not?

Can you imagine if everyone took the attitude of it being too competitive or a waste of time?

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Mar 17, 2020
    Hi all. I have posted this on another thread but I thought it might be worth popping on here as I can see people have been asking about it.

This evening Trowers & Hamlins emailed saying that interviews and written assessments for the Vacation scheme are taking place between Monday 6 April to Friday 17 April.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Alice G and Rainfall

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    well, I didn’t say it was a waste of time, but great, thanks. I have just finished my second draft for one of the apps. Suppose it’s always worth trying.

Well you asked whether it "was a bit of a waste of time". That's subjective - depends on how much you value your time and also how much time you have.

Ultimately you have to be in it to win it. Not applying is the only certainty of definitely not getting the job.

D95

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 17, 2019
    Is anybody still waiting to hear back from DAC Beachcroft following the VI (the one that had a deadline on 31/01)?
    I see more people getting invites now but here I am wondering whether the VI that I did back in January actually got lost :p

(my application is still pending, so I'm still hoping for good news!)

Reactions: Ayo Babatunde
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.