Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 11, 2020
Yeah when I've spoken to them before they say you can still apply for the direct TC (which I am definitely doing) but not other VS for this year. However, you can't retake the test. So frustrating with the CAPP test because I had critical thinking as my highest which was different from the year I got an AC and seems to be the only difference between my two applications :(
Really? When I did that last year it didn’t let me re take them and at an event they said that was still the case! Weird
What test did they refer to at the event? Only the CAPP test or WG too?

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 11, 2020
I believe you can only apply for the direct TC if you have done a VS application. However, it seems this information may not be right so you may be able to submit an application. If you've had an AC (this year) you almost certainly can't re apply this year for a VS

I think the only “restriction” on TC applications at Links is that you need to have had prior legal work experiences to apply. This can be satisfied by other vacation schemes, internships, etc. However, virtual internship programmes like the ones on Forage don’t count. If you don’t have legal work experience, then you need to go down the VS route. (Exceptions might apply to this.)

I don’t know anything about reapplying to the firm. But if it’s possible to do so after a vacation scheme rejection (as it seems to be), I would really jump at that chance!

Last edited:

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
I think the only “restriction” on TC applications at Links is that you need to have had prior legal work experiences to apply. This can be satisfied by other vacation schemes, internships, etc. However, virtual internship programmes like the ones on Forage don’t count. If you don’t have legal work experience, then you need to go down the VS route. (Exceptions might apply to this.)

I don’t know anything about reapplying today the firm. But if it’s possible to do so after a vacation scheme rejection (as it seems to be), I would really jump at that chance!
Yeah this is the case. I think something like 3 weeks legal work experience is required? I'd check the specifics but they do specify a number of weeks.

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Hi, I hope you are well :)! I too did an AC last year (was unsuccessful) and tried to reapply this year. However, my application was automatically on hold after I indicated that I had previously interviewed for a place on the vacation scheme at Linklaters. May I ask if you experienced a similar issue whilst applying for this year's vacation scheme? Thank you:)!
I did for the winter one this year and graduate recruitment just passed my application through. Shouldn't take more than a couple of days.

• 🤝
Reactions: Deleted member 3930

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Thank you very much for your reply. May I ask if you had to email the graduate recruitment team regarding this, or did they automatically pass your application? Thank you once again :)
They automatically do it I think. I emailed as I applied near the deadline and they said it had already been processed then I looked on the portal and it had been. I don't think you would need to email just apply a bit more ahead of the deadline if you are concerned would be my advice

RB

Star Member
Jun 7, 2020
I'm currently trying to fill up the application form but I'm having trouble inputting my schools. I'm an international student and the form only allows you to pick from a list of schools on their database, and the school I went to isn't there. There is no option to manually input this information either, does anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone know if it is possible to leave my school blank?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I'm currently trying to fill up the application form but I'm having trouble inputting my schools. I'm an international student and the form only allows you to pick from a list of schools on their database, and the school I went to isn't there. There is no option to manually input this information either, does anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone know if it is possible to leave my school blank?

I suspect there might be an “other” type option that could be selected. I suspect leaving it blank my prevent you from completing the application

Reactions: Numerius Negidius

RB

Star Member
Jun 7, 2020
I suspect there might be an “other” type option that could be selected. I suspect leaving it blank my prevent you from completing the application

Unfortunately there isn't an "other" option! The application form allows me to proceed to other sections though. I might have to email grad rec if it doesn't allow me to complete it. Thanks anyways! :)

Amy_22

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 15, 2020
Hi :)

I read a few earlier replies on this thread where people said they didn't complete the CAPP assessment and WG for previous cycles within the time limit yet still got AC invites. I wondered if anyone had done the same this cycle? I am conscious of the time limit for the WG and it would be great if I could had longer!

Thanks

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019

I read a few earlier replies on this thread where people said they didn't complete the CAPP assessment and WG for previous cycles within the time limit yet still got AC invites. I wondered if anyone had done the same this cycle? I am conscious of the time limit for the WG and it would be great if I could had longer!

Thanks
The time taken doesn’t matter. They give you an hour for the WG though. There is a chance that it was a problem in previous cycles and they’ve fixed it for this one so up to you if you want to risk it.

Reactions: Amy_22

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 20, 2020

Thanks

I took potentially 2 hours to do the CAPP (with the critical thinking included) so v much didn’t stick within the time limit! Did the WG at my own pace but definitely didn’t take a long time doing it and has all worked out okay. Hope this helps

• 🤝
Reactions: Amy_22 and Tushar

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.