Welcome! Introduce yourself here :)

jamescw1994

Sep 16, 2019
Hi all!

My name (shock horror) is James, I graduated from the University of Kent in 2018 and still searching for that elusive training contract!

Had a bit of a horror journey even before university (significant adverse developments in my health with chronic health issues meant I was held back by 2 years in sixth form and these issues have plagued me since; not to mention lovely family issues) and have so far been through three cycles without much luck.

Worked for eight/nine months in a clinical negligence reporting company before my health came back and bit me in the behind in March, meaning I had to leave for my own sake.

I did get closer than ever this summer with two firms in my family’s hometown, though bombed in the interviews; will admit, it did leave me despondent but my family and partner have all been incredible.

Re-evaluated my career goals and decided to retry for the City and managed to reignite my interest in the energy and technology sectors so here I am! Thought I’d join up as I’ve lurked long enough!

• 🏆
Reactions: Helena and Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi all!

My name (shock horror) is James, I graduated from the University of Kent in 2018 and still searching for that elusive training contract!

Had a bit of a horror journey even before university (significant adverse developments in my health with chronic health issues meant I was held back by 2 years in sixth form and these issues have plagued me since; not to mention lovely family issues) and have so far been through three cycles without much luck.

Worked for eight/nine months in a clinical negligence reporting company before my health came back and bit me in the behind in March, meaning I had to leave for my own sake.

I did get closer than ever this summer with two firms in my family’s hometown, though bombed in the interviews; will admit, it did leave me despondent but my family and partner have all been incredible.

Re-evaluated my career goals and decided to retry for the City and managed to reignite my interest in the energy and technology sectors so here I am! Thought I’d join up as I’ve lurked long enough!

Welcome James. Sorry to hear about the health issues - we'll do our best to help you get there!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi all!

Hi James and welcome to the platform!! Thank you for sharing your story, I am always taken aback by how brave and resilient people are on our forums and I’m so glad you’re giving it another go! Anything worth having comes to those who wait! We will be rooting for you this cycle!!

Reactions: Daniel Boden and Jaysen

Harry Clark

Future Trainee
    Oct 7, 2019

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi all,

My name is Harry and I'm a future trainee at Baker McKenzie! I've just graduated from the University of York and set up my own law blog (https://hclark.law.blog/) before the LPC.

I spoke with Jaysen on the Trainee Talk podcast about a month ago (https://soundcloud.com/traineetalk/episode-11-leveraging-your-unique-selling-points) and figured I'd get round to setting up a TCLA account! Looking forward to meeting some new people through the forum.
    Welcome Harry, great to see you on here!

Reactions: Harry Clark

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi all,

My name is Harry and I'm a future trainee at Baker McKenzie! I've just graduated from the University of York and set up my own law blog (https://hclark.law.blog/) before the LPC.

I spoke with Jaysen on the Trainee Talk podcast about a month ago (https://soundcloud.com/traineetalk/episode-11-leveraging-your-unique-selling-points) and figured I'd get round to setting up a TCLA account! Looking forward to meeting some new people through the forum.

Hi Harry, I thought I recognised your name from LinkedIn, I think I saw a post you wrote about the value of taking the plunge and making connections on there, great advice!! Welcome to the forum and it is great to hear you went to York uni, I grew up there and absolutely love my hometown :)

Harry Clark

Future Trainee
    Oct 7, 2019
    Hi Harry, I thought I recognised your name from LinkedIn, I think I saw a post you wrote about the value of taking the plunge and making connections on there, great advice!! Welcome to the forum and it is great to hear you went to York uni, I grew up there and absolutely love my hometown :)

Hi Alice, thanks for your warm welcome! I fell in love with it too, I'm still suffering from the postgrad blues of moving away from there...

Reactions: Alice G

Newborntrainee

Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 10, 2019
    Hey everyone! I am a paralegal at Bristows, I am also a part-time LPC student in year 1 at University of Law Moorgate! I have been in the country for about 4 years now, applied for about 5 TC, obtained 2 interviews without success. I have been a bit slow I have to admit but I am more determined than ever and ready to take action to get it!

Loving TCLA, been listening to the podcasts and reading the commercial awareness on Instagram, thanks so much for your hard work and for the information you put out there!

When I am not lawerying my way around, I do martial arts and photography, I especially enjoy travelling and going to remote places.

Last edited:
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Jaysen and P. Dybala

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey everyone! My name is Viviane and I am a paralegal at Bristows, I am also a part-time LPC student in year 1 at University of Law Moorgate! I have been in the country for about 4 years now, applied for about 5 TC, obtained 2 interviews without success. I have been a bit slow I have to admit but I am more determined than ever and ready to take action to get it!

Loving TCLA, been listening to the podcasts and reading the commercial awareness on Instagram, thanks so much for your hard work and for the information you put out there!

When I am not lawerying my way around, I do martial arts and photography, I especially enjoy travelling and going to remote places.
    Huge welcome :)

Reactions: Newborntrainee

Saffa

Standard Member
    Mar 27, 2019
    Hi everyone,

My name is Saffa and I have completed the LPC from De Montfort University, Leicester. I graduated with a Law degree in 2018. I am currently seeking for paralegal position or training contract.

Fun fact about me is I enjoy dancing and I used to teach dance to children.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

My name is Saffa and I have completed the LPC from De Montfort University, Leicester. I graduated with a Law degree in 2018. I am currently seeking for paralegal position or training contract.

Fun fact about me is I enjoy dancing and I used to teach dance to children.

Welcome Saffa! Great to have you on here.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi all

My name is Will and I'm a third year history student at Durham. I'm applying for training contracts this summer.

Interesting fact about me is that I play football for the Durham 2nds team.

Cheers

Will
    Lovely to meet you Will and great to have you join us! :)

Guilherme Carvalho

Dec 4, 2020
    Hey everyone,

My name is Guilherme and I am a penultimate year law student at the University of Aberdeen (Scottish LLB). Having reached my vac scheme application time, I decided to stop browsing anonymously and sign up to TCLA!

My interesting fact is that I'm Portuguese and have a newly (lockdown) acquired fondness for golf.

Guilherme

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey everyone,

My name is Guilherme and I am a penultimate year law student at the University of Aberdeen (Scottish LLB). Having reached my vac scheme application time, I decided to stop browsing anonymously and sign up to TCLA!

My interesting fact is that I'm Portuguese and have a newly (lockdown) acquired fondness for golf.

Guilherme
    Welcome Guilherme!

Bea Ildem

Aug 28, 2020
    Hello all!

I am a bit late introducing myself, but my name is Bea and I am currently undertaking the LPC online at U Law. I completed a non-qualifying law degree from the Netherlands, went onto getting my Masters in IP at QMUL and GDL at U Law Bloomsbury.

An interesting fact about me is that I'm a career changer and previously used to work as a costume designer for TV and film overseas.

I have found TCLA incredibly insightful and the staff super helpful thus far, looking forward to getting my TC this year hopefully (third round of applications!).

Best wishes,

Bea

• 🏆
    Reactions: Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hello all!

I am a bit late introducing myself, but my name is Bea and I am currently undertaking the LPC online at U Law. I completed a non-qualifying law degree from the Netherlands, went onto getting my Masters in IP at QMUL and GDL at U Law Bloomsbury.

An interesting fact about me is that I'm a career changer and previously used to work as a costume designer for TV and film overseas.

I have found TCLA incredibly insightful and the staff super helpful thus far, looking forward to getting my TC this year hopefully (third round of applications!).

Best wishes,

Bea

Welcome Bea! Wishing you the best of luck this year.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Bea Ildem

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.