Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker

This is very helpful! In my case, I cannot update the entire submitted application but can personally add supplementary information to the already submitted application. Would you recommend adding that I received a vacation scheme offer from x firm or is it not worthwhile? Thank you :)
    Yes - makes sense to use this supplementary information section if you can update it yourself. You can add that information should you want to.

Reactions: castrooo

MollyV

Standard Member
    Jan 9, 2021
    I've been invited to do the online test for Pinsent Masons. I think... 😅 I've received instructions for the test "following on from our recent email" but didn't receive said email to say that I had been successful at the first stage...
    This happened to me today as well! I replied saying that i hadn't received the previous one and he attached someone else's previous email (judging by who it was addressed to) and sent it to me. If you haven't i would recommend replying and asking as they sent important info and the dates for ACs if you pass the stage.

I was so confused 😅

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Andrew M

Jessica444

Star Member
    Sep 3, 2020
    Has anyone still not heard back from Addleshaw Goddard post application?? I applied to the London office for the summer VS back in November and havent heard anything.... should I assume its a no ahahaha
    I'm in the same boat. They seem to have sent out both rejections and VI invites in batches so far so stay positive! Definitely wouldn't write it off :)

Hamilton

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Oct 8, 2018
    Hi folks, if a one-page cover letter simply requests candidates to explain why you're interested in becoming a trainee at the firm, is it recommended to therefore skip the 'why law' section which I have typically included in prior cover letters and instead, tightly hone in on the 'why this firm' dynamic? Perhaps a silly question, but your input would be valuable!

KerC14

Valued Member
    Jan 26, 2020
    Has anyone heard back from Irwin Mitchell yet? From what i've heard they usually start getting back to people end of January/beginning of February for video interviews
    Not yet, I applied for the PLS stream at the London office. Yeah the grad rec site says that VI's will take place in February so I hope we hear something soon. The application was way longer than last year though so I imagine it's taking forever to read through them!

Reactions: Jordon

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Hi folks, if a one-page cover letter simply requests candidates to explain why you're interested in becoming a trainee at the firm, is it recommended to therefore skip the 'why law' section which I have typically included in prior cover letters and instead, tightly hone in on the 'why this firm' dynamic? Perhaps a silly question, but your input would be valuable!
    I would give some background on why commercial law generally and then focus on what you like about the firm's training/work/opportunities. If 'why law' isn't covered elsewhere i wouldn't take it as read

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.