2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maculay

Jan 31, 2020
Are people wearing suit jackets during their AC/interviews? I am curious what others have been doing or have observed. I do recognise that the standard is formal attire for an interview. However, anecdotally I've heard of some partners suggesting that candidates could lose their tie or were themselves dressed very informally.

Reactions: M0723
D

Deleted member 8599

Are people wearing suit jackets during their AC/interviews? I am curious what others have been doing or have observed. I do recognise that the standard is formal attire for an interview. However, anecdotally I've heard of some partners suggesting that candidates could lose their tie or were themselves dressed very informally.
Suit & tie, always.

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Does anyone who has used TopScore for a written exercise know if you can highlight on the documents or copy things from them onto the exercise? GR didn’t want to tell me

Hi! You can’t edit or highlight the document. Nor can you copy words from the document to your written exercise text box or elsewhere.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: lawgeek_301

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
Does anyone who has used TopScore for a written exercise know if you can highlight on the documents or copy things from them onto the exercise? GR didn’t want to tell me
From what i can remember i believe there is a notes section where you can make your notes but i personally found it more of a hassle tohaving to keep changing tabs so maybe just have a pen and paper with you? Good luck!!

Reactions: lawgeek_301

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
It's always lovely to hear from candidates straight away and shows how keen they are... but once you're on the scheme, no one remembers if you accept on the first or last day of the offer! That's just my opinion though :) When we've recruited in my non-law company, some of the best interns have been those that took their time considering the offer before accepting

WOW I mean DUH why are you not SHOUTING ABOUT THIS?! Amazing experience!!!!! it shows so much resilience and strength, the initiative to run a successful business, commercial awareness in terms of dealing with marketing, finance, strategy... use this to your advantage! This is far more relevant than any extracurriculars in my opinion and I wish I was entrepreneurial enough to start my own business! Maybe try to think about what your business may require from a law firm? What about if it was a franchise? How can you show that this work attracts you to becoming a commercial solicitor?
This is so nice of you thank you! So many helpful ideas too, I really appreciate the help. :):)

• Love
Reactions: cmaj

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Addleshaw Goddard?
Yes. I actually think it's my best application, which probably means that it'll be a PFO. 😆
Work Working GIF by The Woody Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.