2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Made a separate post but was directed here - Sorry new to the forum!

I just received an interview invite from Sidley Austin for the spring/summer vacation scheme (very surprising considering I don't meet their AAA A-Level requirements in the slightest nor do I have a high 2.1)
    Can't really find anything online about the interview structure other than it is a partner interview. So does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for it, is there a case study, or what they tend to ask?

Thanks,

Mikhail
    I had an interview with them last month and was successful, drop me a dm if you'd like.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    apart from being ill-suited to the profession itself, is there any other reason why somebody can fail eight ACs with numerous VI/telephone interviews...
    A lot of folk have already given great advice here so there isn't a huge amount to add.

First off, I want to reiterate that you're faaar from the only person who's in this position, so please don't feel that you're isolated here. The other thing I'd say, as hard as it can be to hear, is that it's important to remember that you only need that one "yes" to really show everything you can do, so stay optimistic. The fact that you're consistently getting AC's is also a great sign.

From a constructive standpoint, generally post-AC rejections are (or at least can be) accompanied with some decent feedback. It's hard to say much on how to develop without more info as to what precise feedback you've been given - on that note, I totally understand if you feel uncomfortable sharing that in public as it might be highly personal, so feel free to DM me and I'll see if there's any further help I can give.

NadineBusty

Valued Member
    Aug 21, 2019
    Bird&Bird AC invite!! First AC this cycle!

Get that BB TC!!
    Iskra Lawrence Kiss GIF by iskra

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    I just got a VI invite for W&C! I noticed I put the spring scheme as my first choice and summer as my second but I now already have a VS during the same dates in summer. Should I email now to inform them as I know people have had ACs for spring already? Or just wait ?
    Congratulations! I hate to be that person... But may I ask when you applied? 😅 🙃

pe17797

Standard Member
    Feb 9, 2021
    I had an interview with them last month and was successful, drop me a dm if you'd like
    Made a separate post but was directed here - Sorry new to the forum!

I just received an interview invite from Sidley Austin for the spring/summer vacation scheme (very surprising considering I don't meet their AAA A-Level requirements in the slightest nor do I have a high 2.1)
    Can't really find anything online about the interview structure other than it is a partner interview. So does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for it, is there a case study, or what they tend to ask?

Thanks,

Mikhail
    I am in the same boat as Celestie so I can also help if needs be.

Reactions: MikSoroko
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.