2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helpme12345

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
highly recommend getting your feedback from grad rec – their reasons for rejecting me were about fit but I openly told them about how i found the interviewers standoffish and uninterested and she was appreciative to hear feedback on the interview experience from my side
I can definitely understand your frustration - I found the interview a bit odd as well in that there were no follow-up questions. The only reason I can think of is that they have a non-rotational TC structure so you have to go and find work for yourself and maybe they were looking for interviewees to offer all of their experiences and interests without being prompted to do so? Anyway onwards and upwards and I’m sure you’ll find a firm that’s the perfect fit!

Reactions: ibs97

CareerChanger

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Received an email from Shoosmiths to say my placement application will not be progressed but my application scored highly and will still be considered for a tc. Did anyone else receive this? Obviously very happy about this email but just worried it’s generic haha
    I got the same email. I am assuming they've done this with all candidates they think are strong enough to secure a TC.

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Received an email from Shoosmiths to say my placement application will not be progressed but my application scored highly and will still be considered for a tc. Did anyone else receive this? Obviously very happy about this email but just worried it’s generic haha
    Just received this too for the London office!

Nnu

Star Member
  • Mar 9, 2021
    Got the same too. Hopefully it’s a good sign. For what it’s worth, when I was doing my research on the firm a current/former trainee had said they were rejected for the vacation scheme but successful for the direct TC. So let’s see! Good luck to everyone!
    very interesting that so many people got this??? didnt usually think so many people got these emails.. maybe they're only running a small placement this year?

Reactions: LegalLordLox
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.