TCLA General Discussion Thread #2 (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Im delighted to announce that after my first round of applications, I have received a TC offer today! Need to now think about what to do - masters or TC ahahha
    YESSS!! So happy for you - I agree with @HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh on this, if the masters is something you really want to do then defer the TC!

• Love
    Reactions: Celestie and djqb

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    Congratulations... but definitely don't go into Cambridge thinking that a Masters will be 'lovely and relaxing'! :)

Fair point 😁😁😁😁😁

I think better phrased as"what normal people would consider incredibly pressurised and intense, but with a guaranteed job so future lawyers find it comparatively chill" 🤣

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    Thank you so much guys - this was honestly so unexpected to the point I was actually preparing for the next application season (as you can see by my previous posts). I shall let you all know how it pans out and hopefully can give you all advise as I learned A LOT!
    Hey @Celestie , firstly congratulations to you on this amazing feat. Secondly, can you also do a post on your TC story. The forum has a separate thread on that, would love to read it if you have the time.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Sure! Do you mind linking the thread? :)
    I think this is the thread but definitely feel free to just start your own thread! You can just link it in a post to the below thread later :)

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    Hello - I have applied to study the LPC at the UoL, does anyone know how long they normally take to get back to applicants?
    Really fast (for GDL). Although it might depend on whether you’re sponsored or not, and if there is any submission they’ll need to review (like an essay or anything like that)?

Which campus??! I’ll be Moorgate 🤩

Reactions: Anon 11031

Lisa Lowe

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 26, 2019
    Really fast (for GDL). Although it might depend on whether you’re sponsored or not, and if there is any submission they’ll need to review (like an essay or anything like that)?

Which campus??! I’ll be Moorgate 🤩
    Thank you - yes, I'm sponsored too and will be Moorgate! :)

Also do you know the exact start date for the course? The only info I can find is that it starts in September.

Last edited:
    A

Anon 11031

Thank you - yes, I'm sponsored too and will be Moorgate! :)

Also do you know the exact start date for the course? The only info I can find is that it starts in September.
    When I rang ULaw regarding start dates, they said they usually confirm closer to the time but it's likely to be mid/end of September rather than the start ☺️

Reactions: Lisa Lowe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.