Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
Should I contact a firm that I applied to months and months ago and have not heard back from yet?- I know many people who have applied after me that have been rejected/passed to the next stage. Concerned about annoying graduate recruitment

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Should I contact a firm that I applied to months and months ago and have not heard back from yet?- I know many people who have applied after me that have been rejected/passed to the next stage. Concerned about annoying graduate recruitment
    In short yes - there is nothing wrong with a polite enquiry asking about your application status imo

Reactions: Jaysen and Alice G

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    After 59 applications over the course of a number of cycles, countless rejections and giving it blood, sweat and tears, I’ve finally managed to secure a Training Contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you to everyone on here that’s helped along the way!

The process is brutal and stressful!! At one point, I had given up! But, there is hope! Stay strong! It just takes one! Just one yes! Just one person to believe in you! The feeling of getting that offer is unreal! I promise you, it makes all the blood, sweat and tears worth it!!

#Keep believing! #It only takes one!

I’ve posted these lame movie quotes before, but remember:

“Others may question your credentials, your papers, your degrees. Others may look for all kinds of ways to diminish your worth. But what is inside you no one can take from you or tarnish. This is your worth, who you really are, your degree that can go with you wherever you go, that you bring with you the moment you come into a room, that can't be manipulated or shaken. Without that sense of self, no amount of paper, no pedigree, and no credentials can make you legit. No matter what, you have to feel legit inside first.”

“Don’t ever let someone tell you they can’t do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves they’re gona tell you can’t do it. You want something. Go get it. Period.”

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that.”

Last edited:

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    After 59 applications over the course of a number of cycles, countless rejections and giving it blood, sweat and tears, I’ve finally managed to secure a Training Contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you to everyone on here that’s helped along the way!

The process is brutal and stressful!! At one point, I had given up! But, there is hope! Stay strong! It just takes one! Just one yes! Just one person to believe in you! The feeling of getting that offer is unreal! I promise you, it makes all the blood, sweat and tears worth it!!

“Others may question your credentials, your papers, your degrees. Others may look for all kinds of ways to diminish your worth. But what is inside you no one can take from you or tarnish. This is your worth, who you really are, your degree that can go with you wherever you go, that you bring with you the moment you come into a room, that can't be manipulated or shaken. Without that sense of self, no amount of paper, no pedigree, and no credentials can make you legit. No matter what, you have to feel legit inside first.”

“Don’t ever let someone tell you they can’t do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves they’re gona tell you can’t do it. You want something. Go get it. Period.”

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that.”

Well deserved AJ!!!! Many congrats once again!!!

Reactions: AJ

P. Dybala

Star Member
    Aug 2, 2018

- My guy !!! Well done on getting into the MC firm man !! and thank you for all the help that you have given me over the last few months !! You truly deserve this !! The world is yours ...enjoy it budd !

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Good luck. Really use the guides on here. The M&A, Private Equity and 175 questions guide. They are better than the bible!!! Though admittedly I haven’t read the latter.

Haha thanks a lot AJ - I definitely will do! Massive congrats on your TC - absolutely delighted for you :D

Reactions: AJ

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Huge congratulations AJ!

Second one is pursuit of happiness, right?

Oh and Rocky for the third quote!

Last edited:
    Reactions: AJ and SB

SGA

Star Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Is it worth e-mailing grad recruitment to find out when we can expect to find out the outcome of an AC if it's been 2 weeks and they said they would let us know by the end of last week?

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Is it worth e-mailing grad recruitment to find out when we can expect to find out the outcome of an AC if it's been 2 weeks and they said they would let us know by the end of last week?
    I don’t see an issue with this at all. Just be polite and say that you appreciate how busy they are this time of year etc. But there is no harm in wanting to know where you stand in my opinion :)

S30

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2019

Yes! I think email or perhaps call them to chase up your outcome quicker. As Alice just mentioned there is definitely no harm in knowing your position.

Best of luck!

Reactions: JoNo, Jay-Lo and Alice G
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.