STAR method

STWO

Distinguished Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hi guys,

What's everyone's approach to answering face-to-face interview questions? I know the STAR method is encouraged but I find it too artificial especially when the interview is treated as conversation-like.

Thanks!

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
I often feel that STAR can a bit too artificial as well, but I find if you alter the approach slightly and use CAR (context, action, result), it becomes much more like how I'd tell a story to a friend. This makes it feel much more natural and conversation-like for me

STWO

Distinguished Member
Jan 5, 2019
I often feel that STAR can a bit too artificial as well, but I find if you alter the approach slightly and use CAR (context, action, result), it becomes much more like how I'd tell a story to a friend. This makes it feel much more natural and conversation-like for me

That seems like a better approach! I shall try this out, thank you John. :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.