Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Did anyone apply to the Freshfields grad workshop? My portal was updated last Thursday but I have not receieved an update yet. I am not hopeful really since I admittedly wrote my personal statement quicker than I would have liked but just curious :)

Ella D

Sep 11, 2019
Did anyone apply to the Freshfields grad workshop? My portal was updated last Thursday but I have not receieved an update yet. I am not hopeful really since I admittedly wrote my personal statement quicker than I would have liked but just curious :)
I applied also! But haven’t heard back yet...

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
I applied to NRF Winter Vac Scheme on the last day of the deadline. I know they've already had an AC and many phone interviews so I'm not holding much hope. Has anyone not heard back yet and are my chances extremely slim (compared to if I applied earlier)?

Reactions: wwood

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi pal,
Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news or anything but I’ve been made an offer for Shearman’s winter vac scheme so if you haven’t heard about an interview yet I think it might be unlikely - they might be putting you over to the spring one if they thought you were at the right standard but had too many applicants - good luck either way!
Great news for you. How did you find the interview? Could you share your experience with us?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
thank you, nah its just the generic 'we can't give feedback at this stage' unfortunately
That is frustrating, sorry to hear that. I tend to be quite waffley when I am nervous, especially on the phone as I cannot gauge the other person's reaction. Do you think it could have been that maybe? Just trying to help in terms of my experience and how I find myself in those situations

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
I applied to NRF Winter Vac Scheme on the last day of the deadline. They've had an AC and loads of phone interviews already so not holding much hope. Has anyone had much luck despite applying on the last day of the deadline? @Jessica Booker from your experience is it significantly more difficult for a candidate to get through if it's one of the last applications you read?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I applied to NRF Winter Vac Scheme on the last day of the deadline. They've had an AC and loads of phone interviews already so not holding much hope. Has anyone had much luck despite applying on the last day of the deadline? @Jessica Booker from your experience is it significantly more difficult for a candidate to get through if it's one of the last applications you read?
is their recruitment rolling basis?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

No - really doesn’t work like that.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I feel like trying to figure out what GradRec is up to is ultimately detrimental. There is no way we can figure out what they are doing and the speculation just adds anxiety to a process that is already stressful.
well said - I agree entirely but it is hard to stop the inner speculation. I think the best course of action is to simply trust in yourself that you did the very best you could at the time and in the circumstances at that time too.

Reactions: A98 and Ella D

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I feel like trying to figure out what GradRec is up to is ultimately detrimental. There is no way we can figure out what they are doing and the speculation just adds anxiety to a process that is already stressful.

Grad Rec are still trying to work this out too! Things are never certain in recruitment and often reactive as things happen. Speculating what is or isn’t happening is a waste of head space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.