Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyRaykes

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
emailed first, heard nothing and then followed up with a phone call and was told I should have already received the rejection. I spent more time on this one than any other application and content wise the people that have proof read it for me have commented how impressive it is, so I pressed for reasons for rejection and she said content was good but grades were insufficient. What a joke. Definitely makes you wonder if they even look at all applications.

Yeah that's deffo a joke! Sorry to hear that! They have lost their head of Grad Rec this year so maybe that's an explanation for the mess. This is clearly an error! I feel similar, my TW app is deffo my best one but I guess the game is the game!

• 🤝
Reactions: AH9891

Andre

Valued Member
Jan 30, 2020
They are working through their vacation schemes first and then direct TCs. I think you should hear a response by the end of Feb/beginning of March. I know this, as my friend is a paralegal at HL!
That is useful! I thought that to be honest. Surely though if I had failed the test they would have rejected me by now?

Miki3999

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    I wonder if there will be any point in applying in to firms that have TC deadlines in July and are recruiting on the rolling basis. I don't want to submit rushed applications, but I just don't have time now :/ (especially for Macfarlanes who's application form is basically a summative essay.)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Also just been rejected from Kirkland post-AC. Pretty gutted I won't lie as I really thought they were the firm for me and felt I performed well on the AC :(. Hopefully the opportunity to get feedback will be useful!

Definitely going to use this as motivation for my interviews with Travers Smith and Gibson Dunn next week!

Hope others had better news but Friday evening rejections suck!!!

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    I wonder if there will be any point in applying in to firms that have TC deadlines in July and are recruiting on the rolling basis. I don't want to submit rushed applications, but I just don't have time now :/ (especially for Macfarlanes who's application form is basically a summative essay.)
    That’s the thing you just don’t know, it just all seems random sometimes

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    Also just been rejected from Kirkland post-AC. Pretty gutted I won't lie as I really thought they were the firm for me and felt I performed well on the AC :(. Hopefully the opportunity to get feedback will be useful!

Definitely going to use this as motivation for my interviews with Travers Smith and Gibson Dunn next week!

Hope others had better news but Friday evening rejections suck!!!

So Sorry to hear, did you get some feedback? I hope you smash your interviews next week. Onwards and upwards :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.