Herbert Smith Freehills App

adamjt

Jan 5, 2021
Well done to all those who got places on the Spring AC, anyone else still waiting to hear? Applied Dec 7th and nothing so shall i assume its bad news??
I only heard back today (successful) so I don't think you need to worry! I applied for the Spring Vac the day before the deadline (I can't remember the date) so only a couple of days after you I think

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Ah okay, thanks for letting me know! Hope you’re feeling alright about it and continuing strong?
    Ngl it was expected, they're not my top top choice and I have progressed for others so I'm not too disheartened! Also they did state in the rejection how they were looking for constantly high academics throughout university and admittedly I don't have that so I think I was an easy rejection!

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    If it helps, I applied last year for the Spring Vac Scheme on 25 November and received the Assessment Centre invite on 31st January, with the AC being on 13th February. While some things might have changed from last year, there is no need to panic as it takes them a long time to review all of the applications :)

For everyone anxious about hearing back, I'm just bumping what Karin said with my own experience: Applied around the 20th of November for the spring vac, my AC was in the last week of February (the actual invite sent out only five days before). No news is really really really good news in HSF's case :)

eveh1784

Star Member
    Jan 21, 2020
    For everyone anxious about hearing back, I'm just bumping what Karin said with my own experience: Applied around the 20th of November for the spring vac, my AC was in the last week of February (the actual invite sent out only five days before). No news is really really really good news in HSF's case :)

Thank you Dheepa, and Karin, this has put my mind slightly at ease!

Reactions: H S

H S

Distinguished Member
    Sep 11, 2018

thank you for this! What a crazy 5 days that must’ve been though?!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.