Herbert Smith Freehills App

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    Has anyone who applied for the spring scheme not heard back either way?
    If it helps, I applied last year for the Spring Vac Scheme on 25 November and received the Assessment Centre invite on 31st January, with the AC being on 13th February. While some things might have changed from last year, there is no need to panic as it takes them a long time to review all of the applications :)

Helpme12345

Valued Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    If it helps, I applied last year for the Spring Vac Scheme on 25 November and received the Assessment Centre invite on 31st January, with the AC being on 13th February. While some things might have changed from last year, there is no need to panic as it takes them a long time to review all of the applications :)
    Ahh this has settled my nerves so much thank you!

Anna W

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 20, 2020
    Sorry this is a bit random but I applied for one of HSF's open days back in November which I was successful for but I got an email just now saying that my passed the benchmark for the open day and my application is now being reviewed. There wasn't a test for the open day and I completed the test for the vacation scheme and got the 'passed benchmark' email a couple of weeks ago. I'm a bit concerned something went wrong with my apps, did anyone else get this?

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Sorry this is a bit random but I applied for one of HSF's open days back in November which I was successful for but I got an email just now saying that my passed the benchmark for the open day and my application is now being reviewed. There wasn't a test for the open day and I completed the test for the vacation scheme and got the 'passed benchmark' email a couple of weeks ago. I'm a bit concerned something went wrong with my apps, did anyone else get this?
    It is possible this is a glitch, are you able to check the portal?

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020

I got this too! I already got rejected for the spring scheme so I assume its a glitch.

Was it for the innovative open day?

Anna W

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 20, 2020
    It is possible this is a glitch, are you able to check the portal?
    I just checked and it now says my open day application is also under review. I think there might have been a glitch with my account because when I signed in they made me reset my password. Do you think it's worth emailing the Graduate Recruitment Team about it or should it be fine?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.