2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle W

Valued Member
Jan 12, 2021
Sorry to be that guy asking if ‘anyone has heard’ but…

has anyone heard from Pinsent Masons? I had the AC on the 26th July and was told in the candidate briefing that we would hear by Tuesday 10th August but haven’t heard since.

refreshing my emails is getting unhealthy 😬but I guess the ‘don’t call us, we will call you’ approach applies?
On the VS they told us we’d hear by the 13th august!

Reactions: white9

ElleWoods

Jun 10, 2021
Well done to everyone with TC offers!

I had a second round AC for a direct TC application and didn't get it (with BDB Pitmans). The AC was a month ago now and I was told 3 weeks ago. They said that I could email grad recruitment for feedback, which I did immediately. They have since ghosted me (I've asked once and chased once)... Do you think it would be acceptable for me to give grad recruitment a chasing call?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Well done to everyone with TC offers!

I had a second round AC for a direct TC application and didn't get it (with BDB Pitmans). The AC was a month ago now and I was told 3 weeks ago. They said that I could email grad recruitment for feedback, which I did immediately. They have since ghosted me (I've asked once and chased once)... Do you think it would be acceptable for me to give grad recruitment a chasing call?
Yes - fine to chase them.

Reactions: ElleWoods

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What is the best thing to say when you renege an offer because of another TC? Also is it best by phone or email?
Phone them - it’s polite. You’ll need to follow up on writing though.

Just keep it simple - you’ll no longer be proceeding with you offer as you have secured a TC elsewhere which you will be accepting.

be prepared for them to ask:

- which firm you are reneging for
- why you are choosing the other firm over them
- if there is anything they can do to change your mind

Nad2468-

Aug 11, 2021
Thank you for putting my mind at ease. Did any questions stand out e.g was it mostly competency questions or basics like why law, why the firm etc?
No worries! Yes, so one of the questions that stood out to me was the one about resilience, and why this is important in the legal profession. It was all a bit of a blur as I was so nervous 😂 but it was mostly the basics like why the firm, why you etc.

Reactions: damiawo
Status
Not open for further replies.