2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElleWoods

Jun 10, 2021
Well done to everyone with TC offers!

I had a second round AC for a direct TC application and didn't get it (with BDB Pitmans). The AC was a month ago now and I was told 3 weeks ago. They said that I could email grad recruitment for feedback, which I did immediately. They have since ghosted me (I've asked once and chased once)... Do you think it would be acceptable for me to give grad recruitment a chasing call?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Well done to everyone with TC offers!

I had a second round AC for a direct TC application and didn't get it (with BDB Pitmans). The AC was a month ago now and I was told 3 weeks ago. They said that I could email grad recruitment for feedback, which I did immediately. They have since ghosted me (I've asked once and chased once)... Do you think it would be acceptable for me to give grad recruitment a chasing call?
Yes - fine to chase them.

Reactions: ElleWoods

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What is the best thing to say when you renege an offer because of another TC? Also is it best by phone or email?
Phone them - it’s polite. You’ll need to follow up on writing though.

Just keep it simple - you’ll no longer be proceeding with you offer as you have secured a TC elsewhere which you will be accepting.

be prepared for them to ask:

- which firm you are reneging for
- why you are choosing the other firm over them
- if there is anything they can do to change your mind

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Just saw that Dentons' UK CEO put up a post on LinkedIn highlighting the end of the recruitment cycle, and providing some info about next year's applications.

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from them for the direct TC post-WG test?

Nad2468-

Aug 11, 2021
Thank you for putting my mind at ease. Did any questions stand out e.g was it mostly competency questions or basics like why law, why the firm etc?
No worries! Yes, so one of the questions that stood out to me was the one about resilience, and why this is important in the legal profession. It was all a bit of a blur as I was so nervous 😂 but it was mostly the basics like why the firm, why you etc.

Reactions: Life&Law
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.