2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veep9

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    has anyone applied to BCLP direct TC? I know it opened in Sept and closes in may - is Jan too late to apply as it is rolling?
    I attended an event with them and Grad Recruitment said they look at direct TC applications in July so anything until the deadline would be considered. Do you know if people who have already applied for direct TC been progressed?

Florawilliams

Esteemed Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    I attended an event with them and Grad Recruitment said they look at direct TC applications in July so anything until the deadline would be considered. Do you know if people who have already applied for direct TC been progressed?
    heya thanks so much this is very helpful! no not at all! I'm at that stage when I'm thinking which app to do next and didn't want to apply if my chances were already low! that is great news though thanks . do you know if they recruit many off the direct route? because i know some firms only look at direct apps if they haven't filled up the VS etc

Reactions: Veep9

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    heya thanks so much this is very helpful! no not at all! I'm at that stage when I'm thinking which app to do next and didn't want to apply if my chances were already low! that is great news though thanks . do you know if they recruit many off the direct route? because i know some firms only look at direct apps if they haven't filled up the VS etc
    She said it was close to 50/50 so definitely do apply!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Has anyone used the phrase “one’s” in an app or is it a phrase that’s frowned upon?

It’s perfectly fine from a grammar perspective but pretty old fashioned/not how you would write in a law firm.

“my” would be far more suitable in one’s opinion ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.