Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Guys,

I am in tears.
    I've been offered the final partner interview at Fieldfisher and I've passed the AC.

I can't believe it.

(I couldn't have gotten this far without all of your support, and I would like to personally thank @Alice G and @Jessica Booker for all of your kind words of encouragement.)
    Couldn't be going to a more deserved candidate - many congratulations. Final push now!

ChantelleTen

Mar 9, 2021
    I got my first ever invite to AC and I am SO EXCITED! Finally, feel like I'm doing something right! I've still quite a way to go but happy that I'm finally making progress. Does anyone have any words of wisdom they can share? :)

Good Morning Reaction GIF by Satisfied Customer

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    I got my first ever invite to AC and I am SO EXCITED! Finally, feel like I'm doing something right! I've still quite a way to go but happy that I'm finally making progress. Does anyone have any words of wisdom they can share? :)

Good Morning Reaction GIF by Satisfied Customer
    Congrats on the AC!

Are you able to share the firm? People who've done an AC with them in the past may well be able to share some more specific advice.

In terms of general prep, I have compiled a number of articles on different parts of the AC (case studies, interviews, and assessed group tasks/ negotiations) which are accessible via the link in my signature. If you're not already familiar with these, they are a good place to start.

ChantelleTen

Mar 9, 2021
    Congrats on the AC!

Are you able to share the firm? People who've done an AC with them in the past may well be able to share some more specific advice.

In terms of general prep, I have compiled a number of articles on different parts of the AC (case studies, interviews, and assessed group tasks/ negotiations) which are accessible via the link in my signature. If you're not already familiar with these, they are a good place to start.
    Yes! The firm is Bates Wells, thank you for sharing your resources! Love the TCLA community so much!

N.9

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    hi there, let me know if you get to the next stage as I was offered a vac scheme with the firm last year before accepting my TC offer so can offer some tips! good luck
    That's very kind of you - thank you very much for the offer!

Please could you tell me when you heard from them regarding the next stage, roughly? I feel like it's been a while since the deadline!

Reactions: Ifmhouse4

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Guys,

I am in tears.
    I've been offered the final partner interview at Fieldfisher and I've passed the AC.

I can't believe it.

(I couldn't have gotten this far without all of your support, and I would like to personally thank @Alice G and @Jessica Booker for all of your kind words of encouragement.)
    Knew you would smash it! 🥳

Tarnjeet

Esteemed Member
    Oct 20, 2020
    1) it's only a rough estimation. But number of vac scheme places x 75%, then times that number again by 75%. Then subtract that number from the number of TCs.

2) no - not a problem at all. Plenty of people will be applying in a similar situation to you. If you get to interview you might be asked, but it’s not relevant/important for an application form.

3) it will either need to be a very short work experience entry (eg with practical no detail, at best the department you will be sat in). Alternatively any cover letter type answers or extra information sections would also be an appropriate place to mention the upcoming role.
    Thank you!

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Hi, I have an upcoming paralegal interview for a top commercial firm. I would be very grateful if anyone could advise me as to what I can prepare for my interview and what to expect. It’s on zoom and it’s 1 hour.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Guys,

I am in tears.

I can't believe it.

Huge congrats! Delighted for you :D Best of luck for the final interview!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I do believe it’s contract.
    Ok. Typical type of questions that could come up:

Examples of when you have demonstrated:

- attention to detail
    - ability to focus on a lot of information or complex information
    - time management skills/conflicting priorities
    - determination to succeed/self-drive
    - dealing with the mundane and how to stay motivated

Also they may want to ask:
    - why you are specifically interested in that role - e.g. why that department/practice area and why the firm. Paralegals can have ridiculously high turn over, they will want to be confident that you will stick the contract out
    - what your longer term career goals are - linked to the above, they don't want to hear there is a chance you could drop them quickly for a TC opportunity

Also look at the firms values. That may give you an indication of the "character" they are looking to recruit into their organisation and may also give you some indication of quesitons that could ask (because they want to see you showcase those values).

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Dheepa

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Ok. Typical type of questions that could come up:

Examples of when you have demonstrated:

- attention to detail
    - ability to focus on a lot of information or complex information
    - time management skills/conflicting priorities
    - determination to succeed/self-drive
    - dealing with the mundane and how to stay motivated

Also they may want to ask:
    - why you are specifically interested in that role - e.g. why that department/practice area and why the firm. Paralegals can have ridiculously high turn over, they will want to be confident that you will stick the contract out
    - what your longer term career goals are - linked to the above, they don't want to hear there is a chance you could drop them quickly for a TC opportunity

Also look at the firms values. That may give you an indication of the "character" they are looking to recruit into their organisation and may also give you some indication of quesitons that could ask (because they want to see you showcase those values).
    Thank you so much, this has been so useful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.