2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee6

Star Member
Jan 1, 2021
Hi all, sorry for the unintentional spam: I am currently completing Freshfields’ TC application form. I have completed my second year and am going into my final year. In the education section (Education 1), it asks me to list my Degree name and anticipated graduation date. But under the same Education 1 section, it asks me to select the Education Level (Achieved). I have not completed my degree; thus, do I put ‘Other’ or ‘No Final Certificate’? Thank you! 😊

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I've just seen a 'No Final Certificate' and 'Other' selection I can pick - do I use one of these? Thank you :)
    If I had a vacation scheme offer from another firm but was unable to accept it, should I mention this under the work experience section for a direct TC application? Thank you :)

I would select the "No Final Certificate" option. In most of my apps that didn't have this option I'd just select that my education level achieved was degree level even though like you I wasn't technically done with my degree at the time - I don't think it will be an issue. And yup I would mention the VS offer in the work experience section!

Reactions: Bee6

Bee6

Star Member
    Jan 1, 2021
    I would select the "No Final Certificate" option. In most of my apps that didn't have this option I'd just select that my education level achieved was degree level even though like you I wasn't technically done with my degree at the time - I don't think it will be an issue. And yup I would mention the VS offer in the work experience section!
    Thank you!

ElleWoods

Jun 10, 2021
    Anyone heard from Bates Wells post-AC yet?
    Had my first experience of video interviews this week with the GLS one - not a fan, how distracting to have what felt like half the screen your own face talking….

• Haha
    Reactions: MLF

RoughWood

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Feb 24, 2021
    Just had an email from Browne Jacobson saying thank you for completing the assessments and they will be in touch later this month....the deadline for completing my assessments was the 13th June! They really must be busy

I know some of you are also waiting to hear back but we have not been forgotten!

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: ChantelleTen

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Has anyone been give the schedule of the Ward hadaway ACs next week? I don’t know if I should call up because they start on Tuesday and I’ve not received any information about what the day includes

Bee6

Star Member
    Jan 1, 2021
    Hi @Dheepa, thanks for this! Should I mention in a direct TC application that I received a TC offer from another firm after completing that firm's VS?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.