2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren2

Valued Member
Jan 28, 2020
Does anyone know if Debevoise's vac scheme's are paid? They invite like 90 to 100 people to AC and then take 40 or so on Vac schemes for 9 TCs which seems like a lot. Like almost 1 in 2 chance of getting onto vac scheme from AC? Made me wonder if it was paid?

Thanks!
Those stats sound right. Yes, its paid - usually very well. It was £500 a week when it was 2 week in person and £1000 for the week long virtual scheme last year.

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Os 🙂 borne🙂 clarke 🙂

bored work day GIF by ailujulia

KerC14

Valued Member
    Jan 26, 2020
    Almost 7 weeks post-application deadline for Irwin Mitchell and still have not heard anything as of yet! Has anyone else got a response from them?

Exactly the same position, I haven't heard of anyone getting a response from the London office. I'm tempted to email but I know they're probably just very busy and I'm going with ignorance is bliss!

rose63

Star Member
  • Jan 28, 2021
    For anyone who's done the WBD app, have you chosen a topic that you can relate directly to the firm? It's the only Q so obviously I want to try and show that I know the firm but I can only think of an answer that doesn't specifically relate to any of their sectors. I'm still planning to relate it back to the firm but I'm not sure I'm going in the right direction. (Sorry that was super windy lol)

Staples

Legendary Member
  • Sep 11, 2020
    Almost 7 weeks post-application deadline for Irwin Mitchell and still have not heard anything as of yet! Has anyone else got a response from them?
    I think it’s very office dependent. I applied to the Cambridge office, heard back two weeks ago and did my VI last week, and know other Cambridge applicants who are in the same position. But I’ve also read that many London applicants haven’t heard anything yet, so it may be a case of the London office being particularly slow for some reason (everyone wants to work there?)

Reactions: Jordon and KerC14

eveh1784

Star Member
    Jan 21, 2020
    For anyone who's done the WBD app, have you chosen a topic that you can relate directly to the firm? It's the only Q so obviously I want to try and show that I know the firm but I can only think of an answer that doesn't specifically relate to any of their sectors. I'm still planning to relate it back to the firm but I'm not sure I'm going in the right direction. (Sorry that was super windy lol)
    Hey I haven’t - I’ve chosen an organisation + their product which is just a rlly recent innovation that I am particularly interested in. The key is to relate back what was innovative about that to the firm + how the firm could incorporate similar methods etc. I wouldn’t feel pressure for the actual innovative person/business to relate to WBD :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.