2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikkiT

Legendary Member
Oct 2, 2020
For anyone who has completed the Reed Smith commercial awareness questions (or anyone who would mind providing advice generally) how would you interpret the word "incorrectly" in the following question:

3. Taking into account the firms core values and drawing on any examples you have from your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    When a question asks you to speak about a 'setback' would it be appropriate to talk about a post vac scheme rejection? Or would that be drawing attention to the wrong thing?
    I personally would try and find something else to focus on here. Not necessarily because it's drawing attention to the wrong thing, but because I think it's generally speaking better to use a wider array of examples from different parts of your life to give a more rounded overall impression of you as a candidate.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    S&S GR reading my test scores:
    OldEveryGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

I know people on the forum said its awful but honestly, I feel betrayed smdh

Lily721

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    For the BCLP vac scheme application and more precisely the question: "Please detail any academic awards, positions of responsibilities and/ or any interests or hobbies outside of academics and work experience (please list in bullet points)." 300

How did people approach it?

I know there is an old thread on it, but I am still struggling. It is 300 words and asking us to list bullet points, so I assume we should not describe or go into much detail about each point. But then how do you fill up the word count? I have like 5 things to write for that question and unless I give details about each, there is no way I can reach the word count.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

NSinger

Esteemed Member
  • Dec 21, 2019
    For the BCLP vac scheme application and more precisely the question: "Please detail any academic awards, positions of responsibilities and/ or any interests or hobbies outside of academics and work experience (please list in bullet points)." 300

I know there is an old thread on it, but I am still struggling. It is 300 words and asking us to list bullet points, so I assume we should not describe or go into much detail about each point. But then how do you fill up the word count? I have like 5 things to write for that question and unless I give details about each, there is no way I can reach the word count.

I personally did bullet points for each activity and a short sentence after it.

If you only have a couple you can just bullet point them and go into a little detail about each one

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019

There’s no indication that you need to write 300 words, it just gives you that capacity just in case someone has a lot of awards

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.