Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone have any tips for the cover letter for Penningtons? "please use this opportunity to tell us about yourself and your reasons for applying to Penningtons Manches Cooper"

Usually I would include 'why law' in a cover letter but that's a separate question, so I'm a bit lost with how to talk about myself without including things I need to use in the why law question o_O
There has got to be a lot more to you as a person than just wanting a career in law! Not everything about you has to be tied to law. In fact some of the more interesting stuff about an applicant tends to be the things that are not tied to law!!

Reactions: arbitracion

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    There has got to be a lot more to you as a person than just wanting a career in law! Not everything about you has to be tied to law. In fact some of the more interesting stuff about an applicant tends to be the things that are not tied to law!!
    This!

I've always been asked more at interviews about all the different non-law things I've done rather than the law ones!

Reactions: Lawyer101

aspiringlawyer121

Standard Member
    Jan 20, 2021
    Hi all! I have submitted my Watson Farley & Williams VI but I have now just got an email requesting that I enter a 'Personal Tagline'. I have not come across this before. Does anyone have any guidance as to what sort of thing I should write? Should I just title it 'Watson Farley & Williams Vac Scheme VI'? So confused !!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Hi all! I have submitted my Watson Farley & Williams VI but I have now just got an email requesting that I enter a 'Personal Tagline'. I have not come across this before. Does anyone have any guidance as to what sort of thing I should write? Should I just title it 'Watson Farley & Williams Vac Scheme VI'? So confused !!
    Uhhh 'Watson Farley & Williams Vac Scheme VI' doesnt sound very personal to me... basically a TLDR about you.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: aspiringlawyer121

OH

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Nov 24, 2018
    I put 'VI' and still got through. Personally found the tagline odd.

Reactions: aspiringlawyer121
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.