2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21wajsz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 3, 2020
    Just heard back from Dentons following my telephone interview - wasn't invited to AC unfortunately. Quite gutting as I had really prepared and I thought I performed well. They just provided some generic feedback why people don't get through to AC.
    I'm sorry about that! May I ask when your telephone interview was? I completed my telephone interview last week and I just want to know when to expect to hear back :)

Kelly_

Distinguished Member
    Nov 9, 2020
    hi has anyone completed the PwC tests? if so, do you have any tips :)
    Yes I did it the other day, I would definitely recommend that you are in a space where you won't be able to be distracted as many of the 'games' are speed or memory based. I would also recommending that you do it on your phone as its much easier to complete the tasks, and you could practice by downloading a couple brain game apps as those best replicate what the assessment is like. Finally (I'm not sure if you've seen this) PwC have a small e-learning for the test which I just went over! I hope that helps a bit :)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I received a TC offer from Jones Day hours after receiving first-stage rejections from Addleshaw Goddard and SPB! My suggestion would be to apply to as many firms as is possible, without compromising quality, as there is definitely an element of random luck involved. Happy to answer any questions about the interview/VS. This forum has been very helpful, so thanks!
    Huge congrats that's fantastic news! Make sure to celebrate :D

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Thank you so much everyone for your kind messages. Been crying for like 20 minutes. It was the quickest turn around ever - application send off mid December, interview invite mid Jan, offer today! 😭
    Clearly they loved what they read/saw/heard! Hate to break it to you though - that means more PE... ;)

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.