2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
Yes! For the summary bit, saying something along the lines of "Secured a two week placement at X firm" should be enough. Alternatively, instead of making it a separate work experience entry you could include it in the additional information section (if there is one). Thats what I did for direct TC apps I made.
Hi Dheepa!

Would you suggest adding secured vacation scheme(s) to those applications I am still waiting to hear from? I know that you can, for instance, add supplementary information to already submitted apps. Thanks for your help :)

Hazza hana

Jan 29, 2021
I'm not sure it is the best idea to comment what you have on here, when no one has any idea if this is true. You could make some people very anxious by saying they will be unsuccessful if they don't hear anything by 5pm today. I haven't heard anything from PM yet, but I also haven't seen anyone on here get any news who applied to the Manchester office like me. Those applying to London and Scotland seem to have received rejections and invites to the next stage, so it seems unlikely that other offices will automatically be unsuccessful if they haven't heard back by 5pm when not many applying to the regional offices seem to have heard anything yet.

Graduate Recruitment are probably just beginning to go through the applications for the regional offices so try not to worry if you haven't heard anything yet, no news is good news and it is not a rejection until you actually receive the rejection email! Stay positive everyone! 🙂
I'm telling you categorically everyone will hear back today.

I'm not sure how that will make people very anxious, I think your comment will make people more anxious given you have no idea what the timelines are.
You are misleading people and I'm trying to help.

NikkiT

Legendary Member
Oct 2, 2020
Can I also ask where you got this information? My portal seems to have been updated by I have not heard a thing.

I'm not sure it is the best idea to comment what you have on here, when no one has any idea if this is true. You could make some people very anxious by saying they will be unsuccessful if they don't hear anything by 5pm today. I haven't heard anything from PM yet, but I also haven't seen anyone on here get any news who applied to the Manchester office like me. Those applying to London and Scotland seem to have received rejections and invites to the next stage, so it seems unlikely that other offices will automatically be unsuccessful if they haven't heard back by 5pm when not many applying to the regional offices seem to have heard anything yet.

Graduate Recruitment are probably just beginning to go through the applications for the regional offices so try not to worry if you haven't heard anything yet, no news is good news and it is not a rejection until you actually receive the rejection email! Stay positive everyone! 🙂
Has everyone heard back already for London and Scotland? How do we know this is true?

NikkiT

Legendary Member
Oct 2, 2020
Me neither! That is reassuring - I am actually having problems accessing my online account at the moment for some reason which is quite stressful considering the other comments on this thread! But I haven't received an email since the confirmation.
I haven’t heard anything from London yet, neither has my housemate. I think a lot of people are still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: Law2022 and SamTam99

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Bernie Sanders Friday GIF by Justin

And I’m still waiting on the following .....

- White & Case (spring scheme)
- Hogan Lovells (summer scheme)
- Latham & Watkins (summer scheme)

Elle W

Valued Member
Jan 12, 2021
Has everyone heard back already for London and Scotland? How do we know this is true?
Heya, I heard back for London on Tuesday and they gave two AC dates if successful in the test. I don't know whether they would only have two AC dates as they recruit quite a lot of vac schemers so maybe they'll email another batch of test invites at a later date? I really don't know how their system works though. Hope you hear back soon though and good luck :)

Reactions: SamTam99 and NikkiT

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi Dheepa!

Would you suggest adding secured vacation scheme(s) to those applications I am still waiting to hear from? I know that you can, for instance, add supplementary information to already submitted apps. Thanks for your help :)

So personally, I never did this just because by the time I started hearing back with VS offers, I had already progressed past the app stage for other firms/simply been rejected. But I don't think there is any harm in doing it, and it could possibly tip the scales in your favour (although I'm not entirely sure that the offer alone will do the trick considering it doesn't add substantive experience to your app)

Maybe @Jessica Booker can advise better on whether you should do this or not.

Reactions: castrooo

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    General question for anyone who went through the anglo-Canadian or American school systems - what do you include for the GCSE/A-levels sections? I put in grade 11 results for GCSE and 12 academics (I took some lower-year classes for fun in my final years and leave those out) for A-levels as this is what university recruiters look at, but I'm not sure if this is correct.

@Jessica Booker do you have thoughts on this?

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    So I asked for feedback on my interview and they said: "we don't have any constructive feedback for you" and then said where I went well etc - how am I meant to improve ahead of the TC interview in the future?

(Im not blowing my own trumpet here, genuinely stuck as I wanna make sure I improve for the next interview but I have nothing to go off)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.