2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayC

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Jan 8, 2021
Last one of the day I promise 😅, has anyone else heard from Milbank? They have definitely given out ac’s andsome rejections but I’ve heard nothing.
Have they def given out rejections? I thought they're a firm that ghosts you if its a PFO. I havent heard anything

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I hope this helps everyone in the forum's Friday

View attachment 2702
    Ngl I really dislike when people ask this when someone is clearly upset about a PFO. I saw someone post in Dec that they were really upset about a rejection and someone asked this question - like bro, bit insensitive :/

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Getting that email notification from them had me like:
    heart attack mood GIF
    OMG LITERALLY

I was on a work call and I just saw an email pop up on my phone saying 'Application Update' followed by "Thank you again for applying for our Vacation Scheme. We just wanted to get in touch to provide you with an update. Due to the high volume of applicants we have received this year..." I was like

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Definitely should organise some TCLA drinks as soon as possible!

In the meantime, we could organise some virtual drinks and a pub quiz type thing. Who's keen? Thinking in a couple of weeks time once all the assessments etc are done would be ideal. If sufficient interest could start a new 'Social Thread' to arrange.

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    OMG LITERALLY

I was on a work call and I just saw an email pop up on my phone saying 'Application Update' followed by "Thank you again for applying for our Vacation Scheme. We just wanted to get in touch to provide you with an update. Due to the high volume of applicants we have received this year..." I was like

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy
    I wish they would put some indication in the subject of the email as to whether it's going to be a positive or negative response! That moment of opening the email in anticipation is the worst...

Reactions: Hugh Jarse and cmaj

cloud9

Jan 25, 2021
    Just wondering how to interpret this question:

Womble Bond Dickinson has been recognised as an innovator within the legal profession. Tell us about a business or person you feel has been particularly innovative; why do you find them innovative and are there any lessons that we can learn from them?

Does the 'we' here refer to WBD itself or 'we' in the broader sense, as a society?

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    Just wondering how to interpret this question:

Womble Bond Dickinson has been recognised as an innovator within the legal profession. Tell us about a business or person you feel has been particularly innovative; why do you find them innovative and are there any lessons that we can learn from them?

Does the 'we' here refer to WBD itself or 'we' in the broader sense, as a society?
    Pretty sure they are referring to WBD. Attended the webinar yesterday and they answered a query about the question from this stance :)

• Love
    Reactions: cloud9
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.