2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I know a few of them explicitly say that they will get back to us in Feb and March, and for some other firms, I sent in the applications towards the end of their application window (mid or late January), but so far complete silence from all these firms, is that normal at all? (all for Summer VS except Freshfields Direct TC)

Travers Smith
    Kirkland
    Dechert
    White Case
    Latham
    Shearman
    Covington
    Freshfields
    Cooley
    Winston & Strawn
    Ropes Gray
    MoFo
    Gibson Dunn
    I am waiting for Cooley and Travers Smith also.

Travers Smith will be 2025 I think.

Cooley, as they are a US firm, means their demand of applications is high and they non-rolling also so I say March mid at earliest.

Hope that helps.

• Haha
    Reactions: M1999 and jan28

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    CMS PFO post-VI (acronyms wow) :(

but it's fine because I'm a 10/10 so it's their loss x

sassy hetty feather GIF by CBBC

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    I know a few of them explicitly say that they will get back to us in Feb and March, and for some other firms, I sent in the applications towards the end of their application window (mid or late January), but so far complete silence from all these firms, is that normal at all? (all for Summer VS except Freshfields Direct TC)

Travers Smith
    Kirkland
    Dechert
    White & Case
    Latham
    Shearman
    Covington
    Freshfields
    Cooley
    Winston & Strawn
    Ropes Gray
    MoFo
    Gibson Dunn
    I am in your same situation sadly 😣. From the firms you listed, I am yet to hear back from FF, Latham & W&C. But I am also waiting to hear from firms I applied in November/December... My guess is that working from home is slowing the whole process. In the past, I usually heard back from firms in 1 month, even less for some firms. This year is just mad and in my honest opinion, many firms are not even respecting their 'rolling basis' screening. Try stay positive 😁

Reactions: stemlawgal

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Has anyone not heard from Linklaters for the Summer Vacation Scheme? I finished all the assessments and WG test around 12th December. I know that some people have had their ACs but not sure if that was for Spring. In the meantime, has any PFOs sent out? Thank you in advance :)
    They sent quite a lot of rejections in December, but haven't seen any in January. I guess we should prepare for another round of rejections 😅

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    I am waiting for Cooley and Travers Smith also.

Travers Smith will be 2025 I think.

Cooley, as they are a US firm, means their demand of applications is high and they non-rolling also so I say March mid at earliest.

Hope that helps.
    On their website, Cooley state that shortlisted applicants will be notified within two weeks of the deadline date, which is at the end of this week, and all applicants will be notified definitely by one month post the deadline date.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Manifesting and Asil Ahmad

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    On their website, Cooley state that shortlisted applicants will be notified within two weeks of the deadline date, which is at the end of this week, and all applicants will be notified definitely by one month post the deadline date.
    But honestly speaking I think they will get back to us later than that because of the number of applications have increased this year from what I have heard.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I’m not too sure about this myself. I always thought that if a firm has been turned down and so have a couple of spare spots on the VS it’s no great loss to them because either way firms take in more VS students than they have TC spaces?

@Jessica Booker

Firms may have a hold list
    Or they just have a spot or two short
    They may over offer slightly too - if you have 20 people across schemes and end up offering 22 it’s not an issue if a couple of people then renege or withdraw

• ℹ️
    Reactions: DJMG
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.