2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naomi U

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
Dec 8, 2019
Can anyone shed light on how they think today's ruling on Uber can impact law firms? Perhaps predicts an increase in work for employment practices coming from similar ride-sharing apps or other businesses/workers in the gig economy? thanks !
Hiya!

I think it's also important to consider the fact that not all law firms will necessarily be impacted. Some law firms have a significant number of clients within the industry whilst others may be considerably distanced. So I think I'd approach my research and analysis on a client by client, and thus industry by industry basis rather than law firms generally.

Hope this helps a bit ☺️

Last edited:

ilovetheDLR

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2021
    Feels like you might have to disclose this but @Jessica Booker will know better.

Side note: My friend matched with a guy on Tinder, few days later at a virtual Open Day ends up having to make awkward conversation with him because he's a trainee at the firm. She's got a TC there now though... 😂

No - don’t need to declare this.

Hahaha I literally had exactly this, I decided not to apply in the end 🤣

i have applied to the firm where my ex works (he's a paralegal) and i didn't mention it...

i was the same and said i wouldn't want to be in the same firm so when i found out he had got a job there i was like :mad: but wasn't about to not apply for a great firm because of that!
    Thanks all - really appreciate it! From dating advice to guidance on landing BigLaw TC, TCLA Forums really have it all covered 🤣

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I can't access my PwC portal and haven't had an email

In Pain GIF by MOODMAN

r14n

Jan 30, 2019
    Anyone else really struggling with keeping up to date with university work? As if it wasn't hard enough to stay focused during corona, the fact that you have to dedicate so much time to VIs, ACs, Applications, Tests just means the backlog of university work you have to do keeps increasing exponentially.
    100% agree, with LPC (PT) and getting some legal work experience seems really challenging to fit in TC/VS/other applications, let alone some leisure time.

Constantly on the back-foot either for LPC or applications, feels impossible to balance all three perfectly. If I issue a couple of days for applications I am behind in workshops or reading for uni.

Mxkry

Legendary Member
    Oct 13, 2020
    I've always wondered how people even do spring schemes like a month before their exams. Taking 1/2 weeks off, essentially, would be massively detrimental for me hence, why I don't apply for spring vacs.

Reactions: ellwilsen

ilovetheDLR

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2021
    I completely effed up my VI with Willkie😭 The thinking timer ran concurrently with the answer timer on one of the questions so I emailed them. They’ve reset that one question but the rerun was worse than my first attempt😭😭😭😭
    Hey - if it's any consolation, I thought I had completely messed mine up too (didn't think I actually answered the direct question being asked for one of the Qs) but still managed to get through to the next stage. So definitely don't lose hope! Good luck :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Chloe L
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.