2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriginal234

Star Member
Dec 31, 2020
What I would be curious about is how candidates who have completed the LPC would be viewed in 2023 and whether they wou
Yeah thats fair, I'm also very happy to wait! Trying to analyse if its a good or bad sign we haven't been emailed but obviously its never wise to dwell on these things too much as what will be will be!

From what @Jessica Booker has said on the forum, I believe if you took the LPC you would be exempt from SQE1 but would still have to do SQE2!
The latter isn’t true right? I’m pretty sure if you’ve done the LPC that’s it, you don’t need to go down the SQE route.

Reactions: OB and MzM

ZR1998

Aug 10, 2020
I booked for next week and haven't heard anything. Would be quite nice to know the timings of the day for practical reasons...!
I wish I booked for next week but when I checked there weren't any slots available T_T I'm thinking I might email graduate recruitment and ask them because it is the day after tomorrow and I haven't heard anything from them :/

CareerChanger

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    I wish I booked for next week but when I checked there weren't any slots available T_T I'm thinking I might email graduate recruitment and ask them because it is the day after tomorrow and I haven't heard anything from them :/
    If you do and you hear and they let you know anything about the duration of the day let me know. If I've not heard by end of the day tomorrow I'll probably call GR and ask because I need to take leave from work...

Reactions: ZR1998

Soriginal234

Star Member
    Dec 31, 2020
    I think it depends on when you start and finish the LPC and whether you already secured a training contract by a certain date, but I can't speak to the specifics of it at all.
    I’ve checked the SRA website and that’s definitely not true. You pick one or the other, there’s no crossover, that would just be messy for everyone involved.

Reactions: OB and FM302989

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    I had an AC on the 25th Feb (the final AC for a direct-TC application - literally the final hurdle). They said they're aiming to get back to us the following week but because they're very busy this cycle they're saying they'll get back to us by mid-March. At what stage is it reasonable to email and ask for an update? (I'm DYING). The day went AWFULLY so I know I didn't get it but I pretty much need closure for the motivation to do more applications.

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    I had an AC on the 25th Feb (the final AC for a direct-TC application - literally the final hurdle). They said they're aiming to get back to us the following week but because they're very busy this cycle they're saying they'll get back to us by mid-March. At what stage is it reasonable to email and ask for an update? (I'm DYING). The day went AWFULLY so I know I didn't get it but I pretty much need closure for the motivation to do more applications.
    Unfortunately I'd probably wait a bit longer (probably end of next week) before asking for an update. You never know though it could be positive!

Would you mind me asking which firm this was for?

Reactions: G P

LegalLily

Star Member
    Feb 19, 2021
    I am a graduate and haven't received this email (post research questions over here) but would not care if I have to wait till 2023. I can always get another job in the meantime, and I'd been hoping to spend a year brushing up on my language and other skills anyway. (not that I expect RS to actually invite me to the AC lol).

What I would be curious about is how candidates who have completed the LPC would be viewed in 2023 and whether they would be exempt from all or parts of the SQE!
    The SRA has this little decision tree which lets you know what you would need to do if you have completed LPC or not. Might be of use

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Lawyer101 and Matt_96

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    I’ve checked the SRA website and that’s definitely not true. You pick one or the other, there’s no crossover, that would just be messy for everyone involved.
    If you have begun any of the three bulleted things before either 1 or 21 September 2021 you can choose either route. If you do not end up securing a TC and want to qualify under the SQE route with qualifying work experience, you would have to complete the SQE 2 on top of the LPC.
    1615908382431.png

Long story short, its complicated. https://www.sra.org.uk/students/sqe/transitional-arrangements/

1615908984733.png

Reactions: Celestie and OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.