2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason why you can't do another date for the firm that has multiple dates? If the firm is flexible for you to attend any of their dates, maybe you could just ask to be on a non-clashing set of dates anyway so that way you won't have an issue if you hear back positively from your second firm and you can text them back now!
It’s a bit complicated but essentially there’s another internship I applied that could potentially be an issue with the later dates- but even if I do get this internship I wont find out whether or not it will an issue until after hearing back (which might not be until April!). I applied for everything assuming I wouldn’t even get interviews lol. I have texted the first firm back though and explained that I have a potential clash and asked if I can get back to them later today- I’m just hoping I won’t come off badly but I think it must be better than airing them

Reactions: GK8997

Alessandro

Standard Member
Mar 19, 2021
Hola! Has anyone heard from Bird & Bird post AC for Summer VS by any chance? Got an email last week saying to expect to hear by today so sitting here refreshing my emails like
Party Dancing GIF

Reactions: tc.la.vs

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Hey everyone, I have an upcoming AC with DWF and I'm struggling to prepare for it. Has anyone got any tips on how to prep for a strengths interview, group exercises and proof reading tasks? I feel like these are all really difficult to prepare for and could do with some pointers 😪
Thank you!
I did their AC yesterday - there isn't much you can prepare really. They do ask some general motivational questions in the interview but the majority of it is "what would you do if X". The proof reading exercise is what it says on the tin. And you can't really prepare anything for the group exercise either. You're given a task and assessed on how well you communicate and make decisions within a group.

Good luck!

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
I did their AC yesterday - there isn't much you can prepare really. They do ask some general motivational questions in the interview but the majority of it is "what would you do if X". The proof reading exercise is what it says on the tin. And you can't really prepare anything for the group exercise either. You're given a task and assessed on how well you communicate and make decisions within a group.

Good luck!
How did you find your group task?

LegalLily

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
So true, my friends in IB told me how they had to stay at their desk until a certain time of the evening with nothing to do, and their supervisor benevolently advised them to ‘look busy’ or else they would be given a real task and have to stay for the night.
On the flip side my friend works in IB and he just got a 45k bonus. This was top of his 57k salary. So its not all bad ahaha.

He really thinks the sacrifice is worth it. Plus unlike law there isn't the length of lpc/training so they reach six figures much younger and most exit to PE and are on seniors associate salaries by 26-27.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    On the flip side my friend works in IB and he just got a 45k bonus. This was top of his 57k salary. So its not all bad ahaha.

He really thinks the sacrifice is worth it. Plus unlike law there isn't the length of lpc/training so they reach six figures much younger and most exit to PE and are on seniors associate salaries by 26-27.

One of my best pals used to work in IB for JP Morgan in San Francisco. He said that it was very well paid but 1) not worth the 100 hour weeks and 2) mind-numbingly dull. Apparently M&A is considered the 'cerebral' aspect of IB (as opposed to, idk, equity sales), and all he was doing was making endless pitch books. Now he works in a completely different field!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.