Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Damn vac schemes and massive course deadlines at the same time

Going To Die Season 7 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

xvcardell

Jan 15, 2021
    Received an email from Shoosmiths to say my placement application will not be progressed but my application scored highly and will still be considered for a tc. Did anyone else receive this? Obviously very happy about this email but just worried it’s generic haha
    I got this too and I applied for Shoosmiths London office. Wondering if anyone else got VI's for the London office for the placement (as I thought Shoosmiths could just be recruiting less for London as it is a smaller office?) :oops:

Alison C

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    Aha. @Jaysen said that there might be a market for this when I did something for today's newsletter. It's a bit of a tangle but I hope the piece makes it a little clearer. It's fairly well-covered on the BBC website, also the FT and Bloomberg. I can send you a bunch of links in a DM if you are feeling keen but maybe that was last week's vibe? The piece will also go up on the website next week.
    @AspiringSol (and anyone else confused about Greensill) here you go https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....chain-provider-forced-into-administration.30/

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: AspiringSol

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    I can't believe I'm writing this...

After my AC yesterday for a summer VS, the partner who interviewed me just calling me letting me know that they were so impressed THEY'RE OFFERING ME THE TC STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally would not have had even an OUNCE of success without the forum and this INCREDIBLY supportive community and I hope desperately that there's some way for me to give back to all the people that've helped and anyone else that might be struggling with getting a VS/TC in the future. Please let me know if there's something I can do - I'd love to stick around here in some form for next cycles!!!!!

now back to crying my eyes out lol

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019

After my AC yesterday for a summer VS, the partner who interviewed me just calling me letting me know that they were so impressed THEY'RE OFFERING ME THE TC STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally would not have had even an OUNCE of success without the forum and this INCREDIBLY supportive community and I hope desperately that there's some way for me to give back to all the people that've helped and anyone else that might be struggling with getting a VS/TC in the future. Please let me know if there's something I can do - I'd love to stick around here in some form for next cycles!!!!!

Wow that is absolutely incredible! Massive congratulations!!!

frksch

Star Member
    Jan 27, 2021

Omfg this is so insanely impressive. biggest congrats !!!!!

Omi

Dec 24, 2020

omg well done , which firm was it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.