2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kls

Distinguished Member
Jan 11, 2021
WBD VI invite 😭😭 my first one of this cycle and first one ever! I’d appreciate any advice! (Please god, give me advice) ha

I would say practice as much as you can! Using the online platform shortlist me has been really great for me (I can access it through my uni) but if not practice recording yourself saying an answer. I have flash cards of typical questions and then give myself 20 seconds to come up with an answer, then record myself. That’s all the advice I can give but it has helped me a bit- I hate video interviews too but just doing them over and over has made it more manageable! Hope that helps ☺️

• Love
Reactions: Hele25

Guilherme Carvalho

Dec 4, 2020
WBD VI invite 😭😭 my first one of this cycle and first one ever! I’d appreciate any advice! (Please god, give me advice) ha
In last friday's weekly update they said that they don't tend to ask standard competency questions so in terms of preparation I wouldn't spend too long, if any time, preparing these. If you haven't yet then I definitely do recommend giving it a watch (you should have gotten an email with the link) as they do offer some tips etc. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Hele25

jw97

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2020
    WBD VI invite! :D

Have to say I'm a bit nervous about potentially having to attend an AC in person if I am successful. I don't live in mainland UK and, even though I would have no issues getting there, I would be faced with certain restrictions when returning home. I wonder if they will consider offering virtual attendance...
    i reckon they've just put that bit in there about travel and accommodation just as a precaution if it were to happen but i can't see them forcing people to travel from all over the country that soon, so i wouldn't worry too much!

Reactions: BorgP95

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020
    Can’t say for WBD specifically but I’ve managed to get through a fair few VIs this year. imo most important thing is to just be super enthusiastic and come across as likeable - I think that gets you a very long way and that’s more of a focus than the content. I was literally smiling throughout the whole 60/90 seconds lol.
    Also structure your answer if possible eg “why are you applying to WBD” and you’d say “I’m applying to WBD for three key reasons. Firstly...” - these are easy to prep beforehand and practice.
    then, practice! if you’re on a MacBook there’s QuickTime player which I used to record myself and then would watch back (it’s painful lol but helps you see where you can improve).
    These are just my personal opinions - rooting for you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.