a confused law student's TC journey :)

confusedlawstudent

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 28, 2021
    Congrats on your progress through December!

Do you have a plan for how you will develop your commercial awareness? I'd be happy to help in any way that's useful for you. Looking forward to seeing your hard work pay off!
    Thank you! I'm going to try and engage more with what I am reading in the news. So, for example, if I read an article in the FT, I will create a mindmap or take some notes on how I think this will affect law firms and their clients. I will also try to post more on my 'confused to commercially aware' thread!

• 🏆
    Reactions: j.s.cox

NatashaS98

Distinguished Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 30, 2022
    Just did my Eversheds AC, and omg, it was HORRIFIC. It was so scary the whole time 😣 😣
    Hey @confusedlawstudent, I definitely empathise with how nerve-wracking these ACs can be. You should be proud, however, of getting through that first AC - the first time doing something like an AC can feel scary because of not having done one before. It is something that comes easier with practice (of either just ACs or putting yourself in those unfamiliar situations where you have to interact with people you have just met). I would definitely give yourself that time to celebrate getting through the AC, take care of yourself and rest up and maybe write down anything in particular that you found challenging during your AC as a reminder of things to consider for future ACs.

confusedlawstudent

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 28, 2021
    CMS AC ✅ this was definitely worse than the Eversheds one. It was mainly that the group exercise was not what I was expecting at all so I was quite confused the whole way through. Anyway, expecting PFO but trying to get over it and not continuously cry my eyes out for weeks :)

Last edited:
    • 🏆
    Reactions: j.s.cox

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.