A&O App 2019/20

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hi guys, I am planning on applying for the 2019 Winter Vac Scheme at A&O, however on their website it states "you may only make one application for either a Vacation Scheme or a Training Contract every 12 months.".

As I applied for the 2019 Summer Vacation scheme in the application window that closed this January, I was wondering if this made me ineligible to apply for the winter vacation scheme or if it is ok seeing as they are in different recruiting years.

Thanks for any help with this.

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys, I am planning on applying for the 2019 Winter Vac Scheme at A&O, however on their website it states "you may only make one application for either a Vacation Scheme or a Training Contract every 12 months.".

As I applied for the 2019 Summer Vacation scheme in the application window that closed this January, I was wondering if this made me ineligible to apply for the winter vacation scheme or if it is ok seeing as they are in different recruiting years.

Thanks for any help with this.
Hi there, I must say I find this very tricky as well and I think the wording is a little unclear!

I would recommend ringing up grad rec to ask their view on this or just sending them across an email to be absolutely sure? :)

Reactions: Daniel Boden and S30

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
Thanks Alice, I just gave them a ring and they said I’m eligible to apply.

Although I think they should make the wording on the website a bit clearer, as it makes it sound as if once you apply you cannot reapply until 12 months after.

• 🏆
Reactions: m24 and Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks Alice, I just gave them a ring and they said I’m eligible to apply.

Although I think they should make the wording on the website a bit clearer, as it makes it sound as if once you apply you cannot reapply until 12 months after.

Yeah I do entirely agree with you and I don’t think they’re the only firm whose wording is slightly confused! Great to hear you can apply now though and all the very best with the app!

• 🤝
Reactions: Roshan

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hi

I have also just realised that when stating the date my degree was awarded I accidentally put the year as 2018 instead of 2019, will this negatively impact my application and should I email grad rec about the mistake?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi

I have also just realised that when stating the date my degree was awarded I accidentally put the year as 2018 instead of 2019, will this negatively impact my application and should I email grad rec about the mistake?

Probably won’t help in all honesty in one of two ways - either attention to detail or it will look like you have had a year of doing nothing.

When you entered your module results, did you have to put a year in there too? Then the mistake might be more obvious to the recruiter.

Not sure you really benefit from informing them though, unless your graduation year makes you not eligible for whatever programme you are applying to.

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
Thanks for your response, yes I did have to input the year of my 3rd year module grades which all say 2019.

Do you think this kind of error is sufficient to reject my application?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.