Allen & Overy 2020 Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie111

Standard Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi guys,

Could anybody offer some advice on how to answer this question 'If you could introduce a new law, what would it be and why?'. It is very broad, what sort of issues should I be looking at?

Thank you

TCG

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hi,
I am also applying for A&O and I don't know if I should answer this question regarding the idea I always had of introducing a new subject in schools that teaches human rights, climate crisis, finances, racism and how to stay safe online or if I should talk about technology regulations since I have previous experience with an IP law firm and it is the area I would like to focus my practice.
The first option would not show any commercial knowledge but the second one might be too repetitive.

Thank you

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I think you always need to be distinct in law versus policy. For instance, teaching a certain subject in schools would be a social policy, not necessarily law.

There is another thread about this let me find a bookmark for it as that is also probably worth a read.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

Would be great if we can keep all discussions about this A&O question in the thread Jess linked above.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, but feel free to re-post your questions/follow-ups there.

Reactions: Jessica Booker
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.