Allen & Overy Winter Vacation Scheme 2024

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
Have spoken to a Grad Rec at Allen & Overy in-person who says that the second round of interviews is next week and so if you’re successful, you would have heard back this week. I’m assuming there will be a third round, so we should expect to hear back next week if we don’t by Friday.

Reactions: allwillbewell

whywhy88

Jul 6, 2023
I emailed Grad Rec a few days ago and they’ve just got back to me to apologise for the wait as they’ve had a larger number of applications this cycle than usual. They have said that we will hear an outcome by the end of next week.

19.mfjones

Star Member
  • Oct 16, 2023
    Does this mean even if we're rejected we are guaranteed to hear that news as well? Or is it if you haven't heard at all after next Friday you should assume you've not gotten in? I'm for some reason worried they won't respond to mine at all lol

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 18, 2022
    Have spoken to a Grad Rec at Allen & Overy in-person who says that the second round of interviews is next week and so if you’re successful, you would have heard back this week. I’m assuming there will be a third round, so we should expect to hear back next week if we don’t by Friday.
    Doesn't this imply that WVS invites, post AC are rolling then? What if they give out too many in round one and don't have enough place for round two?
    How would this work in your experience @Jessica Booker ?

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022
    Doesn't this imply that WVS invites, post AC are rolling then? What if they give out too many in round one and don't have enough place for round two?
    How would this work in your experience @Jessica Booker ?
    I can imagine so, yeah. It also could mean that if you’ve made it to VI stage and they think you’re suitable but spaces are filled, they could possibly place you on one of their other schemes i.e. Spring or Summer.

Alternatively, it could also be that they’re a busy team and only have limited slots available week on week but eventually the several rounds will make up the cohort, taken into consideration how many people they actually need.

Future_lawyer_somewhere

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 4, 2019
    I don’t think they will get offers until everyone has been invited to AC so the a
    ACs will be priority ranked but offers will be given based on exceptional performance and also once all ACs have been booked

Plus it’s the first time they’ve been non-rolling - so probably underestimated how long it takes

19.mfjones

Star Member
  • Oct 16, 2023
    My theory is that they see how many people fail at the AC stage and then invite new candidates to the AC from a ranked list. Might be wrong tho
    I had this thought too but then I considered the fact there seems quite a lot of us still waiting? Maybe this forum is a bad microcosm of applicants still waiting, but I'm just concerned so many of us haven't heard back yet - like how many back ups do they need?!

Reactions: Seven

Minitomatosalad

Distinguished Member
    Sep 14, 2023
    I had this thought too but then I considered the fact there seems quite a lot of us still waiting? Maybe this forum is a bad microcosm of applicants still waiting, but I'm just concerned so many of us haven't heard back yet - like how many back ups do they need?!
    Yeah I know, I always wonder how proportional this forum is. I also think a lot of people are just watchers and don’t post PFO/AC updates. this thread alone has 10k views but that’s obvious not from individual accounts I would imagined

Reactions: 19.mfjones

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.