An unusual experience I thought I'd share

Oliver Gilliland

Distinguished Member
Sep 6, 2018
So I will keep the firm anonymous. But basically I had applied for a vac scheme + a few other careers events over a month ago and heard nothing back. Today , I messaged the grad rec on Facebook concerning the careers events, only as they were fast approaching and I wanted to book trains and manage my week in advance and what not. Grad rec responded very quickly and let me know they were going to let people know soon? Then literally 2 hours later my Vac Scheme App got accepted and I got accepted onto the careers events. Im unsure whether this was pot luck but think its an interesting anecdote none the less; maybe showing some interest can speed along the process? (not that Id recommend messaging grad rec about your actual vacation scheme app)

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.