Anyone use a standing desk for work/interviews?

Jony

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Oct 19, 2020
    I have an upcoming interview with a US firm and I love the way I feel so much more free when I'm working at a standing desk so I'm thinking of just doing my interview standing up lol. Anyone else feel the same way/have one?

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi Jon,

Honestly, my first instinct is that standing up for a 45 minute to one hour long interview seems like a very uncomfortable thing to do! But if you really do feel more at ease that way then go for it.

I would just make sure that you still have the camera at eye level and maybe be wary of fidgeting and shuffling your feet too much when standing because it could distract your interviewers pretty easily.

Reactions: Daniel Boden and Alice G

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I have an upcoming interview with a US firm and I love the way I feel so much more free when I'm working at a standing desk so I'm thinking of just doing my interview standing up lol. Anyone else feel the same way/have one?
    Hi Jon,

Honestly, my first instinct is that standing up for a 45 minute to one hour long interview seems like a very uncomfortable thing to do! But if you really do feel more at ease that way then go for it.

I would just make sure that you still have the camera at eye level and maybe be wary of fidgeting and shuffling your feet too much when standing because it could distract your interviewers pretty easily.
    Agree with @Dheepa here to be honest. I'd be inclined to sit as that's what you'd do in a normal interview in an office so I'd want to keep it the same but each to their own I guess... so, if standing makes you more comfortable and you can do it without moving too much then I don't see a major issue with it!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.