Applying to TC as Non-Russel Group University Grad

coispet

Oct 2, 2023
Hello this is my first post

I know this is still a long way down the line but I am first year Law student at Royal Holloway and most of the Firms I want to apply to for TCs later on usually give it to people that have gone to Russel Group Universities or Oxbridge

Should I do a masters at a Russel Group University after I graduate?

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

I know this is still a long way down the line but I am first year Law student at Royal Holloway and most of the Firms I want to apply to for TCs later on usually give it to people that have gone to Russel Group Universities or Oxbridge

Absolutely no need to do a masters at a Russell Group uni. This post may help give you some reassurance that you don’t:

Post in thread 'Freaking out about studying law at a non russell group uni'
https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....w-at-a-non-russell-group-uni.7396/post-142909

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022

Would also recommend checking your desired firm’s Legal Cheek profile. Right at the bottom, it’ll tell you the composition of their organisation (i.e RG, Non-RG, Oxbridge, International).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.