Pursuing Law with a non-law degree and likelihood of success

patternteddybearx

Nov 10, 2023
Hey all, I am coming on here for some advice please. I am currently studying an undergraduate degree in Accounting & Financial Management with Economics at a Russell group University. However, becoming a lawyer and attaining a training contract has forever been a dream of mine. I am predicted to attain a first class grade in my degree.

Could people please advise me on whether it is worth me pursuing this dream? And the firms that are most likely to take on board non-law graduates? I would need to attain a training contract to finance the PGDL and SQE

I also have a wealth of work experience in both the legal and financial sectors that I could draw on in my applications and interviews

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hey all, I am coming on here for some advice please. I am currently studying an undergraduate degree in Accounting & Financial Management with Economics at a Russell group University. However, becoming a lawyer and attaining a training contract has forever been a dream of mine. I am predicted to attain a first class grade in my degree.

Could people please advise me on whether it is worth me pursuing this dream? And the firms that are most likely to take on board non-law graduates? I would need to attain a training contract to finance the PGDL and SQE

I also have a wealth of work experience in both the legal and financial sectors that I could draw on in my applications and interviews
I have replied to you in the main thread but i just want to stress how it is genuinely possible to succeed at getting a training contract as a non-law student as I did! And I also was an international student with a non-law degree from outside the UK! So iI hope this gives you motivation!

Good luck with everything!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.