Are there any law firms that don't ask for your module grades?

cardinal

Feb 12, 2021
I want to apply for a TC but I messed up in one of my LLB modules. Are there any city law firms that don't ask for a module breakdown? I am happy to state my overall grade but I would prefer to not disclose my individual module grades.

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I want to apply for a TC but I really messed up in one of my LLB modules. Are there any city law firms that don't ask for a module breakdown? I am happy to state my overall grade but I would prefer to not disclose my individual module grades.
One module is not going to be an issue.

cardinal

Feb 12, 2021
Squire Patton Boggs
Morrison & Foerster (apparently - I haven't checked)
Addleshaw Goddard (apparently - I haven't checked)
Jones Day only asks for 3 of your first year modules.

I did very poorly in first year and have made it through various applications which request a full breakdown, including a MC firm.
Thank you so much. I had good grades in my first year but really messed up in a second year module. I wish I had failed because I would have been able to resit that exam and get a better mark :/// but sadly my mark was just above the pass rate -.- I will check these firms out, thanks for giving me hope :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much. I had good grades in my first year but really messed up in a second year module. I wish I had failed because I would have been able to resit that exam and get a better mark :/// but sadly my mark was just above the pass rate -.- I will check these firms out, thanks for giving me hope :)
What would your average across other grades look like?

cardinal

Feb 12, 2021
What would your average across other grades look like?
I had a 57 in the exam and my overall final grade for all modules in that year was 68%. But the bad module was land law which is my favourite module, I just really messed up the exam because I mismanaged my time and only finished half the paper :( I had a bad migraine as well. Im scared it'll hold me back in interviews :////

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I had a 57 in the exam and my overall final grade for all modules in that year was 68%. But the bad module was land law which is my favourite module, I just really messed up the exam because I mismanaged my time and only finished half the paper :( I had a bad migraine as well. Im scared it'll hold me back in interviews :////
It’s highly unlikely that would be the case.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.